Education reinforces one’s intellect, skills and personality development. Keeping under eye the importance of education, Australian National University is delighted to offer its Peter McGregor HDR Supplementary International Scholarship for the academic session 2022/2023.
The funding program encourages outstanding students to pursue PhD degree programs in astronomy and astrophysics at the ANU with a special emphasis on instrumentation development.
Amazing opportunity for excellent students to get funding for their education in Australia.
User Review( votes)
Established in 1946, Australian National University is particularly well known for its programs. It is one of the world’s leading research universities and the only university to have been created by the Parliament of Australia.
Why study at Australian National University? At ANU, students get top-class facilities and educational opportunities that prepare them for professional roles. It offers a wide range of accommodation options for students and a range of flexible study options to suit aspirants’ needs.
Application Deadline: December 22, 2021
- University or Organization: Australian National University
- Department: Research School of Astronomy & Astrophysics
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: Up to $6,000 per annum
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards:1
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree programme in Astronomy and Astrophysics, with a substantial instrumentation research component.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- New or continuing student who is enrolled in the PhD program at the Research School of Astronomy & Astrophysics and is working on a project in astronomy and astrophysics that incorporates instrumentation development or innovative use of instrumentation.
- Must also have completed all the required milestones to the satisfaction of the Delegated Authority.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for the scholarship, candidates must take admission in a PhD degree programme at the Research School of Astronomy & Astrophysics. No application necessary. All eligible students are automatically considered for the educational award.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must submit a CV, academic certificates, and transcripts with your application.
- Admission Requirements: Selection is made on the basis of: (a) originality and feasibility of the research, which should have a substantial instrumentation component, (b) research achievements and accomplishments, (c) impact, or potential for impact, in the research field and (d) good citizenship and engagement with RSAA and the wider community
- Language Requirement: Students from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language requirements in order to be able to study at the university.
The Australian National University will provide the following benefits:
- One scholarship of up to $6,000 per annum for domestic and international students at the Research School of Astronomy & Astrophysics in Australia.
- The value of the award is stated in the letter of offer. The award is paid in fortnightly installments.