The Massey University has invited applicants for its Apprenticeship Appendix Graduate Scholarship. The grant is available for international students to pursue Bachelor of Maori Visual Arts (BMVA) programme.
The aim of The grant is to encourage a wider knowledge of Maori contemporary art in Aotearoa, New Zealand.
Wonderful opportunity for international and domestic students with study fund in New Zeland.
User Review( votes)
Course Level: award is available to pursue BMVA degree programme.
Study Subject: award is awarded in the fields of Maori Visual Arts.
Award: This $5000 award will be distributed throughout the four years of study and will be available for students to use as needed – art materials, living expenses or tuition fees.
Number of Awards: Ten opportunities are available.
The award can be taken in New Zealand
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the opportunity :
- All applicants must be eligible, and intending, to enrol:
- For full-time (minimum of 105 credits) study.
- In the first year (i.e. 100 level) of the Bachelor of Maori Visual Arts (BMVA) programme.
- In the year following this award.
- The Award is open to domestic and international students.
Nationality: International and domestic students are eligible to apply for the opportunity .
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a previous year degree.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply through both post or email:
- Applicants must submit following documents with the application form-
- A brief statement describing what interests you about contemporary Maori arts, and what you hope to gain from taking the degree (no more than 300 words).
- A brief statement outlining what your future goals are in relation to your study (no more than 150 words).
- School Leaver applicants: a copy of official interim NZQA Level 2 NCEA results (issued in January) (or exam equivalent – e.g.Cambridge exams etc) Note: if you have completed Level 3 NCEA please supply both Level 2 and Level 3 results.
- Non-School leaver applicants: a verified copy of your secondary school results or other post-secondary academic achievements.
- 10-15 images of your work in an appropriate digital or hard copy format according to the medium eg. links to web sites, flash drives, link to Dropbox, JPEG files or printed photographs.
- A brief (no more than one page) curriculum vitae highlighting your academic achievements.
- A supporting letter from an appropriately qualified person and/or organisation (e.g. art teacher, Te Reo teacher, dean, principal, gallery director, community leader, Kaumatua of your iwi/hapu/marae) will assist in the success of your application, although this is not compulsory.
- Applicants must disclose other awards they hold or have applied for. The Selection Committee is not obligated to consider other grants but might choose to take these into account.
- Please forward applications (in pdf format) to: R.TeWhaiti-at-massey.ac.nz and R.Rakena-at-massey.ac.nz
Application Deadline: Closed