The Berlin Mathematical School (BMS) is offering international scholarships for applicants who wish to apply for BMS doctoral program.
The BMS is a joint graduate school of the mathematics departments of the three major Berlin universities, TU Berlin, FU Berlin, and HU Berlin.
Worthy offer for aspirants to get educational fund in Germany
User Review( votes)
All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language.
- Provider: Berlin Mathematical School
- Course Level: PhD program.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of mathematics.
- Nationality: International
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarships:
- Students entering Phase I of the BMS are expected to have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent. (Thus, in particular, Berlin mathematics students in their “Hauptstudium” can apply for membership in BMS. For students who are further advanced, part of the Phase I course requirements may be waived.)
- For entering Phase II, students are expected to have a master’s degree or to pass the BMS Qualifying Exams. (In particular, they thus satisfy the regular admission requirements of the Berlin universities’ PhD programs.)
- Nationality: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
- Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have a master’s degree.
- Test Requirement: No
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the opportunity, applicants must complete the application form
- Supporting Documents: Documents Required To Apply
- Online Application Form
- Two Letters of Recommendation (pdf)
- Statement of Financial Resources (online form)
- Personal Statement (pdf)
- Curriculum Vitae (pdf)
- University Transcripts (pdf)
- Proof of Proficiency in English (pdf)
- Research Statement – Phase II applicants only (pdf)
- English Language Requirement: University does not require a hard copy of test result by post, therefore they no longer list our TOEFL code on their website. Simply upload your test result to your online application form by the given deadline. As well as TOEFL, they also accept IELTS and CAE.
- The BMS offers scholarships, both for Phase I and for Phase II students, funded by the German Science Foundation DFG in the framework of the “Excellence Initiative” and by the three Berlin universities.
- The application for a scholarship can be included in the application for admission, there is a special section – no extra application materials are needed.
- Phase I scholarships: Typical Phase I are granted for 18 months (extendable by 6 months), and amount to at least 800 Euro per month, tax-free (no insurances included).
- Phase II scholarships: Phase II scholarships are typically granted for 24 months (extendable by 12 months) and usually amount to about 1468 Euro per month, tax-free (no insurances included). There are extra child-care funds reserved for BMS students who take care of children.
The first round application deadline of 1 December 2021
The second-round application deadline of 1 April 2022