The ASEAN European Academic University Network (ASEA-UNINET) is delighted to offer its Research Grant for Indonesian, Thai and Vietnamese students. The grants are available to pursue research in the field of Natural Sciences, Technical Sciences, Human Medicine, Health Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities and Arts.
The aim of the grants is to support Graduates, Postgraduates, PhD and postdocs students who want to pursue research programme.
The ASEAN European Academic University Network (ASEA-UNINET) is a network of universities, consisting of European and south-east Asian universities. It was founded by universities from Austria, Indonesia, Thailand and Vietnam with the goal of promoting the continuous internationalisation of education and research.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2018
Course Level: Grants are available to pursue research programme.
Study Subject: Grants are awarded in the fields of Natural Sciences, Technical Sciences, Human Medicine, Health Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities and Arts.
Scholarship Award: Supplementary grant, own funds are required
- Monthly grant rate
- For graduates, postgraduates: 1.050 EUR
- For postdocs: 1.150 EUR
- Accommodation, insurance
- It is possible for OeAD scholarship holders to book accommodation (dormitory or apartment) with the OeAD Housing office. The monthly costs are:
monthly rent: 220 to 480 EUR (depending on the amenities)
monthly administrative fee: 18 EUR
OeAD scholarship holders need to have health insurance that is accepted by the Austrian authorities for the duration of their stay in Austria. The OeAD can help with taking out such insurance. The monthly costs can vary, at the moment you should calculate 55 to 200 EUR (depending on your age, scholarship category and state of health).
- Scholarship holders have to pay the costs for accommodation and insurance themselves.
- Scholarship holders are exempted from paying tuition fees.
- Scholarship holders from non-European developing countries will also receive a travel costs subsidy of max. 730 EUR.
Nationality: Applicants from Indonesia, Thailand and Vietnam are eligible to apply for the grants.
Number of Scholarships: Number of grants are not given.
Scholarship can be taken in Austria
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Applicants from Indonesia, Thailand and Vietnam are eligible to apply for the grants.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must be Graduates, Postgraduates, PhD Student or post docs .
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have a very good knowledge of English and/or German.
How to Apply:
- The following documents have to be uploaded to the online application.
- Research proposal (5-10 pages)
- [The applicant’s proposal for an innovative research project should focus on specific research questions, and contain a clear and detailed description of the research directions and objectives as well as the methodological approach. It should include:
- A clear problem description
- Expected results
- Methodological approach (research design, research questions, research method)
- Literature review (incl. references)
- list of the applicant’s publications (if already available) or qualifications to do the research in question.]
- Written consent of the supervisor at the Austrian host university.
- Two letters of recommendation by university lecturers. For these letters of recommendation no specific form is required; however, they must bear the letterhead, date and signature of the person recommending the applicant as well as the stamp of the university/department and must not be older than six months at the time of application.
- The scan of your passport (page with name and photo).
- The scan of all university graduation certificates as well as a German or English translation.