Applicants are invited to apply for the National Science Scholarship which is providing by the Agency for Science, Technology and Research.
This scholarship is open to Singaporeans and other nationals intending to take up Singapore citizenship for pursuing a degree programme for the academic year 2023-2024.
Nice opportunity for students to get financial help for undergraduate study in Singapore.
User Review( vote)
Through this scholarship, they seek to groom young talents for a career in science and provide them with opportunities to work in some of the world’s renowned research institutes and learn from the best scientific minds.
A*STAR is making a significant investment in each scholar and the aim is for every scholar to come back and be part of Singapore’s Research, Innovation and Enterprise ecosystem. They will need to commence their PhD studies within 18 months from the completion of their undergraduate degree.
- Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing an undergraduate programme
- Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the field of science
- Scholarship can be taken at Singapore
- Be Singaporean. Applicants of other nationalities must intend to take up Singapore citizenship.
- Have achieved excellent academic standing in the GCE ‘A’ Levels (preferably with 11 AUs), polytechnic diploma (preferably with Merit) or equivalent qualifications
- Applicants should have a keen interest in science and research. Preference will be given to candidates with experience and notable achievements in science- or math-related projects and activities
- Male scholars are required to serve National Service prior to commencement of undergraduate studies
- Applicants are encouraged to sit for the SAT tests to broaden their choices of institutions for their undergraduate education. Although A*STAR does not mandate a minimum SAT score as a qualifying condition for the undergraduate scholarships awarded for studies, applicants are encouraged to submit their SAT scores, if available, to be included in the overall assessment of their applications.
- For applicants in undergraduate Year 2 & above (Mid-Term NSS(BS))
- Be Singaporean
- Enrolled in a top global university, with a minimum GPA of 3.8 (US university), or a First Class Honours or equivalent
- Have completed at least 2 semesters or 1 academic year of graded results at the point of scholarship application
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The mode of application is online. Applicants can send their applications as soon as they have received their prelim results or final transcript. If they are successful in their application, an in-principle offer will be made to them.
- English language Requirements: English is the official language for instruction in Singapore and proving competence in the language might be necessary.
Successful applicants will be given support for their undergraduate studies, comprising*:
- Full tuition fees
- Monthly allowance
- Annual return airfare
- Pre-studies allowance
- Research attachment opportunities at A*STAR Research Institutes
Application Deadline: March 1.