The Organization of American States is inviting applicants for academic scholarships for pursuing undergraduate studies (last two years of studies) in America.
The Organization of American States is the world’s oldest regional organization, dating back to the First International Conference of American States.
Valuable scholarship for students
User Review( votes)
Their purpose is to strengthen the peace and security of the continent and to promote and consolidate representative democracy, with due respect for the principle of nonintervention.
- University or Organization: Organization of American States
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate program
- Education assistance Award: Fully Funded
- Access Mode: Online
- Numbers of Award: Not given
- Nationality: Caribbean Member States
- A program can be taken in OAS Member State
- Application Deadline: Closed
- Language: English
- Eligible Countries: The students of Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Suriname, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines and Trinidad and Tobago can apply for these endowments.
- Eligibility Criteria: Students who have completed the first two (2) years of the Undergraduate degree, or have an Associate’s degree.
- Have a GPA above the minimum standard required by the university.
- Be in good physical and mental health to complete the program successfully.
- The ones in the Member States may have additional eligibility requirements. Please contact the one in their country for more information.
How to Apply:
- How to apply: For grasping the opportunity, applicants are needed to take admission in the undergraduate degree coursework at the university. After taking admission, you can access the application form
- Supporting Documents: Provide a copy of the Associate’s diploma, if applicable. For those candidates already enrolled in the bachelor’s program, a copy of the high school diploma, copy of the Associate’s degree transcripts, latest transcripts from the current program of study, if applicable, three (3) recommendation letters: Preferably two (2) different letters from current or former professors using the OAS Recommendation Statement Form, and one (1 ) from a current or previous employer using the Employer Recommendation Form, curriculum vitae and unconditional Admission letter (s) to university.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must be a citizen or permanent resident of an OAS Member State and maintain GPA above the minimum standard requirement by the university.
- Language Requirements: Aspirants must have sufficient proficiency in the English language.
The OAS Academic The studentships are complementary in nature and do not cover 100% of the funding opportunity Recipient’s expenses. The student awards have a monetary cap up to the US $30,000 per academic year.
- Roundtrip airfare (from the sponsoring country to the country of study)
- Tuition and mandatory fees
- Yearly books allowance (US $300 for onsite studies / US $1,000 for online studies)
- Health insurance. (for onsite students only)
- Monthly complementary subsistence allowance (for onsite students only)