Outstanding students are invited to apply for the A*Star-University of Warwick (AWP) EngD Partnership International funding for the academic year 2021-2022. The award is available for both domestic and international students.
The scholarship program support students who want to commence the Doctor of Engineering (EngD) degree program that provides more industry-oriented doctorate than the traditional PhD.
Wonderful chance for international students in Singapore.
User Review( votes)
The Agency for Science, Technology, and Research (A*STAR) is a catalyst, enabler, and convenor of significant research initiatives among the research community in Singapore and beyond.
Why at the Agency for Science, Technology and Research? A*STAR drives mission-oriented research that advances scientific discovery and technological innovation. It plays a key role in nurturing and developing talent and leaders for our Research Institutes, the wider research community, and industry.
Application Deadline: October 1, 2020
- University or Organization: A*STAR and University of Warwick
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Doctor of Engineering (EngD)
- Award: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Singapore
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Engineering Doctorate (EngD) program in Advanced Manufacturing.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must have to meet the following criteria:
- Satisfy criteria for EngD admission to the University of Warwick.
- Have attained at least a 2nd Upper-Class Honours.
- Not be concurrently holding any other programmes or fellowships.
- Required to undergo a one-year research attachment at an A*STAR research institute prior to their PhD studies.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applications for the AWP EngD Programme can be made in two ways: Through WMG – for admission as a Research Student, indicating on the application form an interest in the AWP Scholarship Program and through A*STAR – Click here to apply.
- Supporting Documents: Students must submit a CV, academic certificates, and transcripts with their applications.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission at the university, candidates must provide the previous year degree.
- Language Requirement: If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
Successful applicants will be given the following support for up to 4 years:
- Monthly overseas living allowance
- Monthly sustenance allowance, inclusive of CPF contribution (where applicable)
- Full tuition fees
- Other allowances including
- Computer allowance
- Thesis allowance
- Conference allowance