Deciding to study in the UK is an investment in your future. The University of York recognizes academic excellence by offering BA (Hons) English International Scholarship Awards during the first year of study.
The funding program is open for home and international/EU students commencing or planning to study at the Department of English and Related Literature for the academic year 2023-2024.
A great chance to study in the UK.
User Review( votes)
The University of York’s approach to teaching will provide students with the knowledge, opportunities, and support they need to grow and succeed in a global workplace. York’s English degree is renowned for its flexible and innovative approach.
Why study at the University of York? At York, students will be at the forefront of literary study. Its modules are designed and taught by world experts working at the cutting edge of literary study. Students will study and learn with academics who are active researchers, experts in their field, and have a passion for their subjects.
Application Deadline: Applications for scholarship 2023/24 are open until Friday, 9 June 2023, 11.59 am BST. The admission deadline is 23 January 2023.
- University or Organization: University of York
- Department: English and Related Literature
- Course Level: Undergraduate (BA (Hons) English)
- Award: £1,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 15
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities, including EU
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The Scholarship will be awarded for undergraduate study (BA (Hons) English).
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Open to International (including EU) students only.
- To be eligible, you must also have an offer for a place on this course: BA (Hons) English.
- Paying fees at the overseas rate for the three years of your degree course
- Studying single-subject English Literature (Q300)
- A 2022/23 UCAS applicant, starting your course in September 2022.
How to Apply
To apply for a place at York, applicants must complete an application through UCAS.
- How to Apply: There is no need to submit a formal application. All eligible applicants will be considered automatically for the Scholarship.
- Supporting Documents: Submission of written work, proof of English proficiency, reference, etc.
- Admission Requirements: Before applying, applicants must check the full entry requirements to study a BA (Hons) English degree course.
- Language Requirement: If English is not the student’s first language, they may need to provide evidence of their English language ability. Applicants must check the full criteria of undergraduate English language requirements.
The University of York is offering 15 scholarships of £1,000 each for home and international/EU students.
- The award will be based on the academic record, including the ‘A’ level or equivalent.
- The award is payable in the second term of study as an Overseas (non-UK) student.