Nuffic, the Netherlands Organization for International Cooperation in Higher Education, and Capes, the Brazilian Federal Agency are inviting applications for Bachelor’s and Ph.D. Exchange scholarship. The scholarship is available for Brazilian and Dutch Students.
The aim of the scholarship is to stimulate scientific exchange between Dutch and Brazilian universities and research institutes and the formation of high-level human resources in both countries.
This is the best choice to get a degree with financing support in Brazil and the Netherlands.
User Review( votes)
Nuffic is the Dutch organization for internationalization in education. It is an independent, non-profit organization based in The Hague, the Netherlands.
University or Organization: Nuffic
Course Level: Bachelors and Ph.D. study
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Brazilian and Dutch Students
The program can be taken in Brazil and the Netherlands
Application Deadline: Closed
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- All Dutch higher education institutions can send in proposals for projects, considering that they have signed the Code of Conduct.
- Brazilian and Dutch applicants are eligible for the scholarship.
- The Dutch higher education institution should find a Brazilian cooperation partner to send in a joint proposal. The proposal is sent in simultaneously in Brazil and in the Netherlands: the Brazilian HEI sends the proposal to Capes, the Dutch HEI sends the proposal to Nuffic.
- The Brazilian partner can be any higher education institution (private or public) in Brazil that is evaluated by CAPES, which offers a Ph.D. course in the proposed area of cooperation. Capes aims at Ph.D. courses that have achieved a score of 5, 6, or 7 in its evaluation with concepts but does not exclude programs which are listed with the minimal possible score, being a score with the concepts 3 or 4.
- The proposal should include and foresee the sending and receiving of researchers/ students to contribute to their development and formation within the context of the joint research.
- The Brazilian partner researchers/ students to the Netherlands in accordance with the Dutch partner and vice versa (at least one Dutch Ph.D./ student should do a part of its research or study in Brazil per project year). Work missions and other forms of personnel exchange are optional.
- The project should have an innovative character, taking into consideration the development of the proposed area in its national and international context.
- The proposal should foresee the joint publication of scientific articles and include the scientific development of the involved research groups into its objectives.
- The project proposal should be written planning 4 (four) years of activities in annual modules, considering the duration of up to 2 (two) years of the project. The project will be able to be extended with two more years, after evaluation by Capes.
- The project proposals may include other partners (until 3), also from other countries.
- The selection of up to five (5) projects is expected, with the start of operations in 2018.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants can apply by post or email.
- Supporting Documents: The application is obligatorily done with the following documents:
- Completed and signed application form
- Description of the project in English, including its goals and objectives.
- Plan of action, describing the activities, missions and how the Ph.D./undergraduate student will contribute and be guided.
- Investment plan per project year signed by the responsible dean or by the rector.
- Description and contact details of the Brazilian partner
- Dutch institutions are advised to align with the Brazilian partner when writing the project proposal. Dutch HEI looking for a suitable partner can contact Nuffic Neso Brazil for guidance and intermediation.
- In case of conceding degrees or certificates to Brazilian Ph.D. students, an official notification of acceptance of the Dutch diploma given by the Brazilian partner is recommended to include in an institutional cooperation agreement.
- Nuffic Neso Brazil. Digitally, with a scanned copy of the signed investment plan and application form, to callforproposals-at-nesobrazil.org or hard copy by post.
- Admission Requirement: Applicants must have previous year degree.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have proficiency in English.
- The Brazilian side receives financing through Capes, the Brazilian Federal Agency for Support and Evaluation of Postgraduate Education.
- The Dutch partner should exempt all fees for receiving Brazilian students and is responsible for the financing of the research project on the Dutch side.