The Baer Reintegration Scholarship 2020-2021 Applications are open for students diagnosed with bipolar disorder, schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder.
Funded by the Sidney R. Baer Jr. Foundation, the award is designed to offer financial assistance for US students who have the proposal to join a school in the United States.
Nice option to get fund for study.
User Review( votes)
The Center for Reintegration is a non-profit organisation committed to helping people with mental illnesses pursue a meaningful life through reintegration.
Established in 1999, the Sidney R. Baer, Jr. Foundation offers fund to organisations working to stimulate education, research and direct care for mental illness.
Application Deadline: January 17th, 2020, at 11:59 PM
- University or Organization: Sidney R. Baer, Jr. Foundation
- Department: NA
- Course Level: High school, Trade or vocational school, or certificate, Associate’s, Bachelor’s, and Graduate degree level courses
- Award: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: US citizen
- Prize can take in the United States
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accessible in the United States
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: High school equivalency programs, Trade or vocational school, or certificate programs, Associate’s degree, Bachelor’s degree, and graduate degree
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible for the Baer Reintegration Scholarship, candidates must:
- Be diagnosed with bipolar disorder, schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder
- Be presently getting medical treatment for the disease, including medications and psychiatric follow-up, or have treating physician’s documentation of history noted on Recommendation Form
- Be actively involved in rehabilitative or reintegration efforts, for example, clubhouse membership, part-or full-time employment, volunteer efforts or school enrollment
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal resident and plan to appear a school in the United States
- Be age 18 years or older by September 1st, 2020
- Applicants must have an academic or a vocational goal as well as a career goal, including a specific school they plan to attend
How to Apply
To Apply: There are two ways to apply for the Baer Reintegration Scholarship.
- Option 1: Mailed Application: Click here to download, print, complete the mail-in application and mailed to Baer Reintegration program PO Box #35218Philadelphia, PA 19128
- Option 2: Online Application
Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit all the following: a personal essay, school transcripts, three unopened, sealed Recommendation Forms, Signed Personal Consent & Release Form, Proof of employment or community involvement, and a copy of your school’s educational costs.
Essay Rule: Essay should be no longer than three double-spaced typed pages. It must comprise the given section headings – to make six separate sections to the essay.
- My Career Goal and My Rationale for Choosing This Goal
- How This Course of Study Will Help Me Achieve My Career Goal
- How My Illness Has Impacted My Ability to Succeed in School, Maintain Employment or Establish Relationships
- Steps I Have Taken to Prepare for Pursuit of This Education
- The rationale for the Specific School Chosen
- My Plans to Continue Treatment While Pursuing an Education
Entry Requirement: Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) through the U.S. Department of Education. Students can apply on the Web at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov or contact your school for an application form.
Awards determine on a case-by-case basis. Award is paid directly to institutions for the tuition costs, books, laboratory supplies and mandatory fees on behalf of winning applicants.