The University of York aims to support the most outstanding applicants from outside the UK in their path to fulfill their dream of studying abroad. Therefore, the University of York has announced PhD Positions at BBSRC White Rose DTP (WR DTP) in Mechanistic Biology for the academic year 2022-2023.
This scholarship programme is open to all interested students, be it EU, International (non-EU), or UK students, to conduct a funded PhD study at the University of York. The scholarship offered a stipend of £15,609, research costs, and tuition fee at UK rate.
This scholarship will cover an annual tax-free stipend i.e. £15,609 in order to assist students to pursue PhD degree at the University of York.
User Review( votes)
The University of York, ranked 119th by the Times Higher Education ranking for 2019, is a collegiate research university-driven to provide the highest standard of customer satisfaction, value for money and quality of the product within a friendly and helpful environment.
Why study at University of York? It is one of the world’s premier institutions for inspirational and life-changing research. The University of York is known for its renowned academic, whose research brings vibrancy and cutting-edge ideas to the teaching students receive at York. It is highly committed to giving a broad demographic of students access to a high-quality, research-intensive learning environment committed to the public good.
Application Deadline: Applications are bound to close on 28th February 2022.
- University or Organization: University of York
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: £15,609
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom
- Eligible Countries: All EU, International (non-EU), and UK (home) students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD studies in the field of Mechanistic Biology at the University of York.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have a background in any biological, chemical, or physical science or mathematics and are interested in using their skills in addressing biological questions.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Admission applications must be made via the university application portal. The students must write the title of the project they are applying to and the names of the project supervisors to be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Academic transcripts
- Two references
- Research proposal
- Samples of written work
- Personal statement
- Evidence of financial support
- Admission Requirements: The students applying must have, or are expecting to gain, at least an upper second class honours degree or equivalent in any biological, chemical, or physical science or mathematics field.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of any of the following English language proficiency tests that are accepted at the University of York:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) (Academic and Indicator)
- PTE Academic
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)
- Cambridge Proficiency (CPE)
- TOEFL IBT (internet-based and special home edition) (TOEFL MyBest score is not acceptable for meeting the English language requirement)
- Trinity ISE
The candidates selected will be provided an annual tax-free stipend at the standard UKRI rate, i.e. £15,609 for 2021/22 entry, research costs, and tuition fees at the UK rate.