The Basque Center for Applied Mathematics is inviting applications for Summer – Postdoctoral Fellowship in Cybersecurity. Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Based on the provided application documents of each candidate, the evaluation committee will evaluate qualitatively: the adaption of the previous training and career to the profile offered, the recommendation letters, the main results achieved (papers, proceedings, etc.), the letter of interest, and other merits; taking in account the alignment of these items to the job offered.
User Review( votes)
BCAM is the research center on applied mathematics created with the support of the Basque Government and the University of the Basque Country, which aims to strengthen the Basque science and technology system, by performing interdisciplinary research in the frontiers of mathematics, talented scientists’ training and attraction, so the excellence of our results are recognized by the Society.
- Applications Deadline: September 17, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in the field of Cybersecurity.
- Scholarship Award: The gross annual salary of the Fellowship will be 28.000 – 32.000€. It will then be on your own responsibility to make your yearly income declaration at the Bizkaia Treasury Agency. There is a moving allowance for those researchers that come from a research institution outside the Basque Country from EUR 1.000 to EUR 2.000 gross. Free access to the Public Health System in Spain is provided to all employees
- Nationality: Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
- Number of Scholarships: One position is available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Spain
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- PhD in Computer Science or Telecommunication
- Engineering Strong background in Mathematics.
Skills and track-record:
- Knowledge of computer architecture and networks
- Ability to analyse data, perform statistical analysis and interpret results.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong programming skills
- Ability to read scientific publications and implement algorithms.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present research ideas to researchers and stakeholders with different backgrounds.
- Demonstrated high level is written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative research team.
- Good command of spoken and written English.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Carry out research in the field of cybersecurity and participate in applied research projects in the field
- Carry out cybersecurity initiatives in BCAM
- Collaborate with the Basque Center for Cybersecurity
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have a good command of spoken and written English.
How to Apply: Formal Requirements:
The selected candidate must have applied before the application deadline online at the webpage http://www.bcamath.org/en/research/job
The candidates that do not fulfill the mandatory requirements will not be evaluated with respect to their scientific profile.
- Letter of interest
- 2 recommendation letters (desirable)