The University of Groningen is inviting applications for PhD position in DMS (P) production and carbon uptake by polar microalgae in a high-co2 world (218381) to study in the Netherlands. International students are eligible to apply for this position.
Founded in 1614, the University of Groningen enjoys an international reputation as a dynamic and innovative institution of higher education offering high-quality teaching and research. Flexible study programmes and academic career opportunities in a wide variety of disciplines encourage the 30.000 students and researchers alike to develop their own individual talents.
User Review( votes)
- Applications Deadline: September 30, 2018
- Course Level: Position is available in the field of PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Position is awarded in the field of DMS(P) production and carbon uptake by polar microalgae in a high-co2 world (218381).
- Scholarship Award: The University of Groningen offers a salary of € 2,266 gross per month in the first year, up to a maximum of € 2,897 gross per month in the fourth year, based on a full-time position (1.0 FTE), in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities (cao NU), excluding a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual income and a 8.3% end-of-the-year allowance.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this position.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in the Netherlands
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this position.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- You have an MSc degree in marine biology, marine biogeochemistry, or related topic
- You are eager to spend 2-3 months in the Antarctic
- You are self-supporting and well organized
- You are physically fit.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.