Massachusetts Institute of Technology is currently offering an online course for Becoming an Entrepreneur. The course is designed for high school and college students but learners of any age may enroll.
In this course, the applicant will learn the business skills and startup mindset needed to embark on their entrepreneurial path from MIT’s premier program for aspiring entrepreneurs, MIT Launch.
User Review( votes)
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 1-3 hours per week
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: Massachusetts Institute of Technology and edX
Certificate Available: Yes. Add a Verified Certificate for $69
Massachusetts Institute of Technology is offering the course via renowned online platform edX. MITx courses embody the inventiveness, openness, rigor and quality that are hallmarks of MIT, and many use materials developed for MIT residential courses in the Institute’s five schools and 33 academic disciplines.
edX offers amazing quality classes by the best professors from the best schools. edX mission is to increase access to high-quality education for everyone, everywhere.
About This Course
Becoming an Entrepreneur is an innovation and business course designed for young, aspiring entrepreneurs who want to explore an entrepreneurial path, and overcome some of the initial challenges in taking those first steps.
From developing new business ideas to market research to entrepreneurial strategy and pitching, this course follows MIT’s successful approach to entrepreneurship. There will be a combination of short videos, thought-provoking case studies, and activities that will challenge applicants to get away from their computer screen and into the community to make a real impact.
No previous business or entrepreneurship experience needed. The course is designed for high school and college students but learners of any age may enroll.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. The applicants can get a verified certificate. Applicant will learn the business skills and startup mindset needed to embark on their entrepreneurial path from MIT’s premier program for aspiring entrepreneurs, MIT Launch.
- Overcoming the top hurdles to starting a company
- Coming up with business ideas
- Performing market research and choosing target customer
- Developing positioning and entrepreneurial strategy
- Defining goals as an entrepreneur and business, plus pitching and selling to customers
Laurie is the Founder and Executive Director of MIT Launch entrepreneurship programs for high school students, plus she is the Program Manager for High School Education at the Martin Trust Center for MIT Entrepreneurship.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org home page and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)