The Queensland University of Technology, Australia is offering free online course on Social Media Analytics: Using Data to Understand Public Conversations. This three-week course is open for everyone and there is no special prior experience or knowledge required to join in.
In this course, the applicants will learn how can they tap into social media conversations, and discover what’s being said about the things that matter to them. The course starts on
User Review( votes)
Course At A Glance
Length: 3 weeks
Effort: 3 hours pw
Subject: Social Media Analytics
Institution: University of Queensland and FutureLearn
Certificate Available: Yes
Queensland University of Technology [QUT] is a top Australian university providing quality undergraduate and postgraduate courses, with research relevant to industry and the community.
About This Course
From the personal to the political, social media conversations are at the heart of cultural and social change. In this course, applicants will be introduced to digital methods to analyze social media data on Twitter. Applicants will learn from leading researchers, engage in hands-on activities and confront issues in social media data.
Why Take This Course?
Applicants will be offered this free online course in the English language. Video Transcripts are also available in English. Applicants will get a verified certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills they gain.
University will guide applicants through the setup of these tools, step by step, as they progress through the content of the course. The use of these tools is what will really give them a powerful learning experience, letting them explore their own interests and put the theory to the test.
Professor in the QUT Digital Media Research Centre. Vice-President of the Association of Internet Researchers. Expert on the impact of user-led content creation and participation.
Director of the QUT Digital Media Research Centre. Professor of Digital Media. Expert in the uses and politics of social media, as well as new digital methods for studying them.
Vice-Chancellor’s Research Fellow at QUT and a member of the Digital Media Research Centre. Tim’s research explores social, cultural, and political uses of social media.
Everything applicants need to succeed in this course is provided, or can be downloaded for free. There is no special prior experience or knowledge required to join in. To make the most of this course, learners will need to
- install or access the following tools: TAGS, Tableau and Gephi
- use a laptop or desktop computer so they can install and complete activities with these tools
- have already or create both a Google and Twitter account
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, student will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).