If you are keen on learning and working extensively with digital security to derive an outcome that improves personal security, you must participate in the Berlin Scholarship Program: Empowering Journalists in the Digital Field organized by Reporters Without Borders (Reporter ohneGrenzen) in Germany. The study program is open for the academic year 2023-2024.
With adequate experience working as a journalist, as a professional journalist or a citizen journalist, strong command of the English language, and being able to work with a computer and smartphone, all interested international candidates can participate in this scholarship program. Ten such journalists will be announced as winners of this scholarship program.
Wonderful opportunity to get financial assistance in Germany.
User Review( votes)
Reporters Without Borders is an international non-profit and non-governmental organization that documents violations of press and information freedom worldwide and alerts the public when journalists and their staff are in danger. The organization’s aim is to safeguard the right to freedom of information.
Reporters Without Borders (Reporter ohneGrenzen) is committed to improving the safety and protection of journalists. It fights online and offline against censorship and the use and export of censorship software and restrictive media laws. In Germany, the organisation has been active since 1994 and is organizationally and financially independent.
Application Deadline: Applications submitted any later than Monday, December 5th, 2022 at 23:59 (Central European Time) shall not be accepted.
- University or Organization: Reporters Without Borders (Reporter ohneGrenzen)
- Department: NA
- NA Course Level: Postgraduate
- Award: Training
- Number of Awards: 10
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Germany
- Eligible Countries: International candidates are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Candidates can apply for the Berlin Scholarship Program of Reporters Without Borders.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have adequate experience working as a journalist, be it as a professional journalist or a citizen journalist.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applications for this opportunity must be made online. Interested candidates are required to complete an application form and submit it via mail at [email protected] with the below listed supporting documents.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Completed questionnaire
- Proof of identity (copy of your ID or passport)
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must be identified as professional journalists, bloggers, media professionals and citizen journalists.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must have a very strong command of the English language, as the whole scholarship program will be conducted entirely in English.
The journalists selected as winners of the scholarship program by Reporters Without Borders will be invited to Berlin for four months each.