The Birkbeck Institute for the Humanities (BIH) is inviting applications from Visiting Research Fellowships to join the Institute in the 2018-2019 academic year. Researchers from outside the UK are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
Established in 2004, the BIH aims to stimulate research, public debate, and collaboration among academics and intellectuals on important public issues of our time.
User Review( votes)
Birkbeck, University of London, is a public research university located in Bloomsbury, London, England, and a constituent college of the federal University of London.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- Applications deadline: May 21, 2018
- Course Level: This is a visiting research fellowship programme. BIH Visiting Research Fellowships last from a minimum of four weeks up to a maximum of twelve Weeks.
- Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded to researchers whose focus is relevant to BIH.
- Scholarship Award: BIH Visiting Research Fellowships last from a minimum of four weeks up to a maximum of twelve Weeks. We offer the opportunity to connect with leading academics in the humanities at Birkbeck, University of London and to disseminate your research to BIH’s academic community through one or two events at Birkbeck and a blog post on our pages. In addition, we provide a stipend of £1000/month, office space, and library access.
- Nationality: Researchers from outside the UK are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Researchers from outside the UK are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
Entrance Requirements: The Birkbeck Institute for the Humanities (BIH) welcomes applications to join the Institute in the 2018-19 academic year as Visiting Research Fellows from established researchers from outside the UK whose focus is relevant to BIH.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: We have an annual call for applications. Applications need to be sent to the BIH by a Birkbeck member of staff from one of our three funding schools (Arts, Law, and SSHP). International researchers interested in applying for a fellowship should, in the first instance, identify which members of staff they would like to work with during their proposed fellowship and contact them to ascertain if they are willing to act as a nominator for their application. Each application requires at least one academic from Birkbeck to act as a nominator.
Once a nominator has been agreed, applicants should complete the Visiting Research Fellowship Application form electronically, in collaboration with the Birkbeck member of staff, and send it along with a one page CV to the BIH Manager Madison Brown by 21 May 2018.
Applicants will be advised of the outcome within three weeks of the deadline.
Please fill in this form electronically and return to Madison Brown (m.brown-at-bbk.ac.uk) by the deadline of Monday 21 May 2018.