The High Commission of India, Dhaka is pleased to announce that the Government of India is offering funding for BIMSTEC Countries.
The scholarship awards are open for meritorious students from BIMSTEC (Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, and Thailand) countries for pursuing Master and Doctoral programs at Nalanda University in India.
Valuable opportunity for International students.
User Review( votes)
Nalanda is a postgraduate, research-intensive, international university supported by the participating countries of the East Asia Summit. The University seeks to recover the lost connections and partnerships that existed in the region called Asia, before the onset of historical forces that led to their dissolution.
Why at Nalanda University? Nalanda is a word known across the world for a university that attracted students and scholars from across Asia and even farther away.
Application Deadline: Ongoing
University or Organization: The High Commission of India
Course Level: Master and Doctoral degree
Award: Tuition Fee
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: Varies
Nationality: International students
The award can be taken in Bangladesh
Eligible Countries: International students can apply for this application
Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded in any Master and Doctoral degree subject offered by the university.
Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- For Master’s Program: Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 15 years of prior studies with a grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.2 or above on a 4 point scale or equivalent.
- For Doctoral Program: Applicant should have a Master’s degree with at least 65% marks or equivalent Grade Point Average (GPA), preferably with dissertation at Master’s level or M.Phil. Degree with 65% marks or equivalent Grade Point Average;
How to Apply
- How to Apply: For applying, aspirants are recommended to take admission at the Nalanda University. After being admission international students have to download the application form from the university website.
- Supporting Documents: An applicant has to submit a letter of Self Introduction and 2 Letters of Recommendations/ References; a detailed Research Proposal, evidence of any research such as writing samples or published papers (at least 2 to 3); a Statement of Purpose (SOP) indicating the reason for choosing Nalanda University. Transaction ID/ Payment must roll [email protected] this address, admission department should be submitted.
- Language Requirements: The international applicants shall present the score of any one of the following English Language Tests / or proof of knowledge of English:-
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language);
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System);
- Any other Standard English test used on the international platform or
- Completed a full-time degree-level course entirely taught and assessed in English.
- The scholarship covers one-time admission fee, tuition fee, hostel accommodation, and contingency allowances;
- The students will be paid a stipend so as to cover meals and other expenditures.