Applications are open for the fully-funded Postgraduate Research Scholarships funded by the Birkbeck, University of London. These opportunities are for PhD projects related to the research interests and expertise of the School’s six constituent departments.
The Awards will include a fee waiver up to the value of the full-time home/EU rate for MPhil/PhD degrees (£4260 in 2021/20), in addition to an annual stipend set at Research Council rates (£16777 in 2021/20, including London Weighting); pro rata in the case of a part-time award.
Birkbeck is a world-class, research-intensive institution that ranks among the UK’s leading universities. Research in the School of Social Sciences, History and Philosophy is notable for its collaborative, interdisciplinary and innovative nature. Their dynamic doctoral community is home to more than 200 students, supervised by award-winning scholars at the cutting edge of their fields.
- Applications Deadline: Open
- Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing full-time M.Phil/PhD program within the School of Social Sciences, History and Philosophy.
- Study Subject: financial aid positions will be awarded in the field of Applied Linguistics and Communication, Geography, History, Classics and Archaeology, Philosophy, Politics, Psychosocial Studies
- Awards: The grants awards will include a fee waiver up to the value of the full-time home/EU rate for M. Phil/PhD degrees (£4260 in 2021/20), in addition to an annual stipend set at Research Council rates (£16777 in 2021/20, including London Weighting); pro rata in the case of a part-time award.
- Nationality: Home/EU and International applicants can apply.
- Number of Awards: There are six Scholarships
- The award can be taken in the UK
To be eligible, the applicants must be following all the given criteria:
- Eligible Countries: The studentships are available to new Home/EU and International students.
- Entrance Requirements: This competition is primarily open to new Home/EU and International students who are applying for a full-time M. Phil/PhD place in the departments listed above.
- Applications for part-time study will also be considered, at an appropriate pro-rata rate and extended duration.
- Students who are currently enrolled on M. Phil/PhD degrees within the School of Social Sciences, History and Philosophy will only be considered for the research scholarships under exceptional circumstances.
- The School welcomes applications from outstanding students on projects that speak to the research interests and expertise of its constituent Departments:
- They also welcome applications for interdisciplinary projects, including in the areas of Gender and Sexuality Studies and Sociology.
How to Apply: To apply for the opportunity , the applicants must submit an online application through the given link: http://www.bbk.ac.uk/sshp/downloads/SSHPPGRApplicationForm2021FINALrev.doc/view