The University of Birmingham is delighted to offer postgraduate placements for American students. The award is open for the academic year 2021/2022.
There are four awards available to encourage and support high achieving candidates commencing a master’s degree at Birmingham University.
Excellent opportunity for American national or domiciled/resident students to study in the UK.
User Review( vote)
Birmingham University has multiple departments that cover a wide range of subjects. It offers over 350 undergraduate, 600 postgraduate, over 140 research courses and over 450 PhD opportunities.
Why study at the University of Birmingham? While studying at this university (UoB), students get to enjoy the luxury of studying in a home-like environment. It also provides individuals seeking personal and professional advancement with career-oriented undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees and programs.
Application Deadline: May 18, 2021
- University or Organization: University of Birmingham
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: Postgraduate
- Award: £5,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 4
- Nationality: American national or domiciled/resident
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: USA
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Postgraduate coursework in Arts and Law, Life and Environmental Sciences, Social Sciences
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- You have received an offer of a place to study on a Masters (taught or research) programme at the University of Birmingham of one year in duration
- Students must meet the academic conditions of their offer to the programme
- They must have a valid student ID number
- Candidates have an offer to study a full-time programme at our UK campus (not distance learning)
- Be a national of the USA, and be domiciled in the USA
- Be classified as overseas for fees purposes and be able to pay the outstanding tuition fee not covered by the program
- They have sufficient funds to cover the full cost of living for a year at the University of Birmingham, plus any visa/travel expenses associated with studying in the UK
- Students start their studies at the University in September 2021 (the Award may not be deferred)
- Be registered with and have their postgraduate study application attached to our local representatives: Across the Pond (ATP)
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the opportunity, applicants must take admission in the postgraduate degree programme at the University of Birmingham.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must submit a CV, original academic transcripts, and certificates with their application.
- Admission Requirements: For postgraduate programs can include: a previous degree or qualification, a minimum grade point average (GPA), English language proficiency needs, and other program-specific requirements.
- Language Requirement: All applicants need to meet Birmingham’s English language proficiency requirements to apply for master study.
The University of Birmingham will provide an award amount of £5,000 towards tuition fees for an eligible one year Masters (taught or research) programme at their UK campus.