This CAS-TWAS President’s Fellowship Programme provides an opportunity for international students (non-Chinese) to pursue doctoral degrees at the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS), the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) or Institutes of CAS around China.
According to an agreement between the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) and The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) for the advancement of science in developing countries, up to 200 scholars from all over the world will be sponsored to study in China for doctoral degrees for up to 4 years
Excellent Ph.D. Fellowship Programme in China.
User Review( votes)
The World Academy of Sciences is a merit-based science academy uniting 1,000 scientists in some 70 countries. Its principal aim is to promote scientific capacity and excellence for sustainable development in the South.
Applications Deadline: 31 March 2019
- These are available to students from all around the world.
- Applicants must be a maximum age of 35 years on 31 December 2019
- Not take up other assignments during the period of his/her fellowship
- Not hold Chinese citizenship
Applicants for doctoral study should also:
- Meet the admission criteria for international pupils of UCAS/USTC (criteria of UCAS/criteria of USTC).
- Hold a master degree (Minimum degree held MSc) before the beginning of the fall semester: 1 September 2019.
- Provide evidence that he/she will return to their home country on completion of their studies in China according to the CAS-TWAS agreement.
- Provide proof of knowledge of English or Chinese language.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for the free study, the applicants must submit fellowship online application system. In order to successfully apply for the CAS-TWAS President’s Fellowship, applicants are requested to follow a few key steps.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, holders must be ready to Upload their scanned reference letters, Send the original hard copies to the UCAS/USTC fellowship, Proof of knowledge of English and/or Chinese, CV, Original copy of transcripts of both undergraduate and post-graduate education, Detailed research proposal, Foreigner Physical Examination Form, Original copy of the certificate of university degrees held, regular passport which has at least 2 years validity, Photocopies of all the title pages and abstracts of maximum 5 published academic papers.
- Admission Requirements: To apply for the program applicants must have a previous degree.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
Fellowship awardees will receive a monthly stipend (to cover accommodation and other living expenses, local travel expenses and health insurance) of RMB 7,000 or RMB 8,000 from CAS through UCAS/USTC, depending on whether he/she has passed the qualification test arranged by UCAS/USTC for all doctoral candidates after admission. All awardees will also be provided tuition and application fee waivers.
- Under the terms of the CAS-TWAS agreement, travel from their home countries to China will be provided to the fellowship awardees in order to begin the fellowship in China (one trip only per student/scholar).
- TWAS will select 80 awardees from developing countries to support their international travel, while CAS will support the other 120. Visa fee will also be covered (once only per awardee) as a lump sum of USD 65 after all the awardees are on site in China.