The Ministry of Education, Employment & Gender Affairs is awarding overseas scholarships for young Caymanians to pursue Associate/Bachelor degree programmes or postgraduate degree programmes. Scholarships are also available to pursue online studies with an overseas institution only at the postgraduate degree level or higher. (i.e. Masters level or higher).
The Ministry of Education, Employment & Gender Affairs is committed to providing students with every possible opportunity to fulfill their education and career goals. The Ministry is therefore pleased to provide young Caymanians with scholarship opportunities.
User Review( votes)
A central objective of our Ministry is to enable people to acquire the capacities to be successful in the global economy.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue overseas undergraduate or postgraduate study. Scholarships are also available to pursue online studies with an overseas institution only at the postgraduate degree level or higher. (i.e. Masters level or higher).
Study Subject(s): Scholarship is awarded in all subjects.
Scholarship Award: For overseas studies, scholarships are offered up to a maximum of CI$ 20,000 per annum to pursue Associate/Bachelor degree programmes which covers tuition, room & board, books, return airfare & insurance. Up to CI$ 25,000 per annum is available to pursue Master/PhD level programmes.
Scholarship can be taken at Abroad
Undergraduate degree study for standard Bachelor programmes: You must possess a minimum of:
- At least 3 ‘A’ Levels with a minimum grade of ‘C’ in each A Level
- Or an Associates degree with minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Or Advanced Placement minimum grade of 3 with three subjects
- Or International Baccalaureate Diploma (3 Standard Level and 3 Higher Level Classes with no grade lower than a ‘4’, plus completion of TOK, CAS, EE)
- Or 3 Higher Level (HL) International Baccalaureate certificates with a minimum total of 13 points and no grade lower than a ‘4’
- Or 5 Standard Level (SL) International Baccalaureate certificates with no grade lower than a ‘4’.
At the discretion of Education Council: You MAY qualify if you possess a minimum of 7 higher level ‘O’ Level subject passes with ‘A’ &
‘B’ grades, including Math and English or a cumulative high school GPA of 3.25 or higher including Math and English with any of the following: a minimum combined SAT score of 1700 or a minimum ACT score of 30
Postgraduate Degree study: You must possess a minimum of :
- A Bachelor degree with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or an Upper Second Class Degree (2:1) or higher to pursue a Master’s Degree
- Or a Master’s degree with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or an Upper Second Class Degree (2:1) or higher to pursue a PhD
Nationality: Students from Cayman Island can apply for these overseas scholarships.
How to Apply: Applications should be submitted online. When applying online applicants will have to create a username and password and can also upload copies of the required documentation with original copies being delivered by post. An application for a university start date of Fall 2016 or Spring 2017 should be submitted during this application period 15 Nov 2016 – 31 Jan 2017. If you have applied to a university and have not yet received your acceptance letter you should still submit your application on time providing a note that your acceptance is forthcoming. If you are awaiting final grades from your current studies which come due after the application period closes on 31 January 2016 you should still submit your application on time with a note explaining when your final grades are due.
Application Deadline: The application deadline for overseas applicants is January 31, 2017.