Getting a scholarship is really hard work and the student needs to prove why he/she is worth getting the program. It is actually the way of convincing the judging committee and making them believe that you are the right applicant.
Many universities and colleges have made mandatory for applicants to write an appealing essay to create an impression on why to provide admission for the specific student.
Even if you have managed to get a loan for the opportunity and pass the legal hassle, a badly drafted essay can stop you from getting into the college. The scholarship essay either makes or breaks the chance of winning the seat. To get the best out of it, you need to understand how to present the essay in an effective way.
Important Factor To Consider
The underline factor to consider in a scholarship essay is to see if the essay fits the theme. Also, the introductory paragraph of the essay must be quite effective that should grab the attention of the reader. Generally, the committee reads the initial lines of the essay which is enough for them to understand your skills. The entire essay must be framed formally and should have a basic outline of the story you are writing. You need to build accomplishment through presenting your awards, talents and activities. Following a certain method will help in writing an effective scholarship essay.
For newbies, there are many scholarship essay samples available online which will give you an example of how to present the essay to the judging committee. Working on innovative topics and creativity structure will engage the reader to read in concentrating way.
Fortunately for many students applying for the opportunity is easier because they don’t fall into the category of writing the essay. There are some scholarship opportunities that don’t require much than the ability. In fact, it is a lottery for students to get the program easily.
What Exactly Is No-Essay Scholarship?
In this, the donor company takes important information like email, home address and other interests. In exchange for this, you will be given cold, hard cash for a college education. Presently, there are certain websites that offer no-essay scholarships that provide a list of colleges to compare and it’s ranking.
There are few scholarships which are offered under No-Essay. Mentioned below are few:
- US Bank program: Applicants currently in high school or planning to enrol in four-year college can apply. To get $1000 funding candidate need to send a short online application.
- Teens Drive Smart Video Contest: Applicants aged between 16 and 21 having driving license should enrol full-time high school. To receive a $ 20,000 funding candidate has to make short video sharing the creative idea of driving.
- Student View Scholarship: Sponsored by Student Insight, the content is open for US high school seniors and scholarship of $5000 is provided.
- AFSA Scholarship Contest: This scholarship is offered in two ways- one in High School Senior Scholarship Contest with the fund of $2000, and the other scholarship is Second Chance Scholarship contest which is open for anyone.
- Niche: This is the widely used website that offers a list of colleges and universities offering no-essay scholarships. The site lists down different positions including- Sallie Mae Scholarship offering $1000 funding, Get Up and Go Scholarship of $10,000, Degree Scholarship of $1,000 and few others. There is no essay to written and submit to the college. The student just needs to fill the form and done with the application. The best part is you can keep applying for the same month by month even if you are attending college. It claims that it does sells the student information to institutes, in return, the institution provides a good clear picture of the college.
Advantage of No-Essay Scholarships
The best thing about getting admission through these endowments with no essay require fewer-time to fill the application. Student needs to provide basic information about self and career intentions. Generally, essay opportunities are for those who want to forward their career in English or journalism. But for those who planned to study math, science or any other such field then there is no need to go for no-essay scholarships.
Advantage of Essay Scholarships
As no essay scholarships for college have an advantage for students to skip the process, the essay scholarship, on the other hand, allows students to win with equal chances of winning colleges programmes. In addition, it helps students to meet the funding requirement. It is one such way to sell yourself and create an impression on the judging panel and get admission with desired scholarship. To get easy scholarships to apply for no essay scholarships is the right way to get financed.
Below is the list of essay scholarships that you can check out:
No matter where you are and what you study, you can win a $1000 award by accepting a challenge to take part in a writing contest. The Spring Scholarship Essay Contest is open to all graduate, undergraduate, and high school students. The application deadline is May 31st.
EssayPro is offering a Scholarship Essay Contest for students in the USA. 1st place will receive $1000, with 2nd $650 and 3rd place winning $350 each. All works should be submitted by June 1st, 2020.
Noplag Scholarship Essay Contest
Noplag Scholarship Essay contest is open for undergraduate students. The grant is offered for the student from all over the world to help the winner in his education in full or partially. 1st place will receive $2500, with 2nd $700 and 3rd place winning $300 each. Applicant must be at least 16-year-old high school/college/university student and submit the essay following the main requirements until March 15th, 2020.
IWSH Essay Scholarship Contest
The International Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Foundation (IWSH) is offering $2250 through its Essay Scholarship Contest. Applicants must be a current high school senior; or enrolled or accepted as a full-time (12 credit hours) student in an accredited technical school, community college, trade school, four-year accredited college or university, or an apprentice program. The deadline for essay submissions is April 30, 2020.
Applicants have a chance to get their essay published and earn a valuable prize by applying for 2nd Essay Writing Contest (February 6 – April 30). Freedom of speech is the main motto of this contest. The best three participants will receive awesome prizes: First Place: $1000, Second Place: $700 and Third Place: $500.
Dietspotlight.com program: Four winners will be chosen, based on the quality of the submitted essay. The highest award is $3,000. Three additional winners will be given $1000 each. The application deadline is December 31, 2020.
There are few more essay scholarships offered for eligible students to seek further studies. Keep accessing Scholarship-Positions to get recent information about available positions and grants.