Scholarship opportunities provide any deserving and potential-filled student access to education, keeping this in mind, the University of Leicester has launched the CENTA PhD Studentships for the academic year 2023-2024.
This studentship is exclusively offered to PhD candidates that take up a research degree study in climate and environmental sustainability, organisms, and ecosystems, or dynamic earth. Tuition fees cover, and a stipend of £15,609 will be given to the selected candidates.
Nice chance for applicants in the UK.
User Review( votes)
The University of Leicester is a public research university ranked 212th in Best Global Universities with a mission of generating excellence through solid foundations and creating a new campus and strategy with our Citizens at its heart.
Why choose to study at the University of Leicester? The university is always found at the forefront of research in the field they serve and are actively influencing change and shaping debate globally. It gives its students opportunities to provide new ways to understand the world.
Application Deadline: 11 January 2023 is the final application deadline for this PhD studentship.
- University or Organization: University of Leicester
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: £17,668 per year
- Number of Awards: 120
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: All interested applicants, international and domestic, can make this application.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for a PhD programme at Archaeology and Ancient History or School of Chemistry, Geography, Geology, Genetics at the University of Leicester.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have no restrictions on how long they can stay in the UK and have been ordinarily resident in the UK for at least three years before the start of the studentship.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must scroll to the bottom of this page and click ‘Apply’ on the programme they wish to apply for admission in. A studentship application form must be filled separately.
- Supporting Documents: The students must submit a CV, degree transcripts and certificates, reference letters if already obtained, and a personal statement.
- Admission Requirements: The students must have or expect to obtain a first-class or upper second class BSc and/or M-level degree (or equivalent overseas qualification) in a relevant subject.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of English language proficiency tests referring to the university’s requirements.
The University of Leicester will provide the selected PhD candidates a studentship towards the tuition fee of any eligible programme undertaken and an annual stipend of £17,668 per year for up to 3.5 years.