Applicants are invited to apply for the CGS/ProQuest Distinguished Dissertation International Awards offered by the University of British Columbia in Canada. The funding program is open for both domestic and international students.
The purpose of the award is to support highly motivated students who have completed PhD dissertations representing original work that makes an unusually significant contribution to the discipline.
Golden chance for international students to study in the Canada.
User Review( votes)
The University of British Columbia is a global centre for research and teaching, which is consistently ranked among the top 20 public universities of the world. It offers a range of study areas through its many undergraduate and graduate degree level programs.
Why at the University of British Columbia? UBC creates an exceptional learning environment that fosters global citizenship, advances a civil and sustainable society, and supports outstanding research. It continues to assist international students through a variety of in-program and awards.
Application Deadline: Varies according to the program.
- University or Organization: University of British Columbia
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Doctoral
- Award: $2,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 2
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Canada
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Doctoral degree program in the subject area of Mathematics, Physical Sciences & Engineering, and Social Sciences.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must have to meet the following criteria:
- Nominee must have completed her or his doctoral degree requirements in the period of July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2020, inclusive.
- If a dissertation is multi- or interdisciplinary in nature, a significant portion of the work must be comprised by at least one of the 2020 fields of competition.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: If you want to be enlisted in this educational program, then you are recommended to take admission in the Doctoral degree coursework at the University of British Columbia. After getting enrolled, each nominee must submit the application for Graduate programs to G+PS through the nomination form, completing the first section “Information about the Nominee”. Each complete nomination package is to be uploaded as a single PDF file (filename: “CGS_Program_LastName_FirstName.pdf”).
- Supporting Documents: Must submit an abstract of the applicant’s dissertation (not to exceed 10 double-spaced pages), three letters of recommendation evaluating the significance and quality of the applicant’s dissertation work, and curriculum vitae (not to exceed five pages).
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, candidates must check the entry requirement of their chosen program.
- Language Requirement: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language requirements in order to be able to study at the university.
The University of British Columbia will provide two CGS/ProQuest Distinguished Dissertation Awards, each with a value of $ 2,000, a certificate of recognition, and reasonable travel expenses to the annual meeting of the Council of Graduate Schools.