European Molecular Biological Laboratory has created an exciting opportunity for a talented scientist to fulfil a critical role at its European Bioinformatics Institute. EMBL is reviewing applications from all international and domestic candidates for the ongoing academic year.
This role is open to applications from domestic and international candidates with a PhD degree and experience in a relevant field. Applicants that will demonstrate the ability to work to strict delivery deadlines travel to collaboration meetings and conferences when required, and work both as part of a team and independently are eligible for this position.
User Review( votes)
The European Molecular Biology Laboratory is a molecular biology research institution whose core mission is resource delivery. EMBL is ranked as the leading European research institute in biology and has been ranked 13th worldwide based on scientific publications.
Why join EMBL? EMBL works with many other collaborative projects that build upon its resources and expertise in chemical probe discovery, drug safety, target selection, model building, and AI.
Application Deadline: 23rd November 2021
- University or Organization: European Molecular Biological Laboratory
- Department: European Bioinformatics Institute
- Course Level: Postdoctoral
- Award: Salary and Allowances
- Number of Awards: 1
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Europe.
- Eligible Countries: All international and domestic students are eligible to apply for this position.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for a position at the European Bioinformatics Institute of EMBL.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have a broad knowledge of major informatics resources relevant to chemogenomics and drug discovery.
- The applicants must have experience working with chemical structure data and formats.
- The applicants must have a high degree of proficiency in SQL and relational database design, implementation, and use and in relevant programming/scripting language.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applications for this position are to be made on the online system of the institute. Students that meet the eligibility criteria will be considered and selected further.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to submit a cover letter and a CV.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants are required to have a PhD (or equivalent) in chemical, biological, biomedical, or bioinformatics science and a minimum of five years of practical experience in scientific data management, database design, and resource delivery.
- Language Requirement: The students must have good English communication skills.
The selected students will be provided the following:
- Monthly family, child and non-resident allowances, annual salary review, pension scheme including 17% employer contribution, death benefit, long-term care, accident-at-work, and unemployment insurances (monthly salary starting at £3,577 or £4,103 after tax)
- Private medical insurance for you and your immediate family (including all prescriptions and generous dental & optical cover)
- 30 days annual leave per year, in addition to eight bank holidays
- Relocation package including installation grant
- Free shuttle bus to and from work, on-site library, subsidized on-site gym and cafeteria, casual dress code, extensive sports, and social club activities
- On-site nursery, 10 days of child sick leave, generous parental leave, holiday clubs on campus, and monthly family and child allowances
- Non-UK-residents will be granted visa exemption, education grants for private schooling, financial support to travel back to their home country every second year, and a monthly non-resident allowance.