Enhance your academic and career prospects by participating in the Chemical Recycling of Mixed Waste Plastics Research International Scholarship offered by the University of Sydney.
The study award is open for PhD students who want to conduct research in the field of chemical engineering, computational fluid dynamics and heterogeneous chemical kinetics.
Nice chance for international students in Australia.
User Review( votes)
Established in 1850, the University of Sydney is an open research university that offers a broad range of disciplines, and its research focuses on finding solutions to society’s biggest challenges.
Why study at the University of Sydney? The University prepares students to make an effect of their own, providing stimulating education, contributing to fulfilling careers and abilities to make profound contributions to society.
Application Deadline: March 15, 2021
- University: University of Sydney
- Department: School of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Course Level: Postgraduate Research
- Awards: Stipend
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: funding for a PhD student to research in the field of chemical engineering, computational fluid dynamics and heterogeneous chemical kinetics.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Have an unconditional offer of admission or being currently enrolled to study full-time in a PhD within the School of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Faculty of Engineering.
- Be willing to conduct research into the field of chemical engineering, computational fluid dynamics and heterogeneous chemical kinetics at high temperatures to scale-up, optimise and model of the chemical recycling of mixed waste plastics.
- Hold at least one of the following degrees in Engineering or Science disciplines:
an Honours degree (First Class or Second Class Upper) or equivalent, or
II. Master’s degree.
- Demonstrate previous research experience through thesis, publications or prior research projects.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants must take admission at the University of Sydney for a postgraduate research program. After that, the student can apply online for this study award.
- Supporting Documents: As part of the application, the applicants must submit all the required documents given on the application form, such as a CV, a personal statement that demonstrates their interest in the research area and prior research experience, a research proposal on the topic of Chemical Recycling of Mixed Waste Plastics, and previous research experience.
- Admission Requirements: To participate in this application, the applicants must have a conditional or unconditional admission offer for full-time studies in a PhD study.
- Language Requirement: All students whose first language is not English must also meet the University’s English language requirements.
The university will provide a stipend allowance equivalent to the University of Sydney’s Research Training Program (RTP) Stipend rate (indexed on 1 January each year) for up to 3 years, subject to satisfactory academic performance.
- An extension of the stipend allowance for up to 6 months might be possible, and it will be subject to funding and the research need at that time.
- Subject to the approval from the Faculty of Engineering at the time of award, the Academic course fees and the Student Services Amenities Fee (SSAF) will be provided for a successful international applicant, for up to twelve research periods subject to satisfactory academic performance.
- The recipient may apply for an extension of the academic course fees and SSAF for up to two research periods however, this will be subject to approval from the Faculty and research needed at that time.
- Periods of study already undertaken towards the degree prior to the Scholarship’s commencement will be deducted from the maximum duration of the Scholarship, excluding any potential extension period.
- The grant is for commencement in the relevant research period in which it is offered and cannot be deferred or transferred to another area of research without prior approval.
- No other amount is payable.