The Agriculture and Agro-Industry Department at the African Development Bank (AfDB) Group is hiring for the Chief Agricultural Economist Position in the Democratic Republic of Congo. Applications for the vacancy can be made for the academic year 2022-2023.
This position of the Chief Agricultural Economist is vacant and open to applications in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo. The applicants must have a PhD or minimum master’s degree in a relevant discipline of study and a minimum of 7 years of required experience to be considered for this position. Compensation in alignment with the role and work will be provided.
Excellent chance for students.
User Review( votes)
African Development Bank (ADB) Group is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. It is a multilateral development finance institution headquartered in Abidjan, Ivory Coast. It was established in 2014 and is a financial provider to African governments and private companies investing in the regional member countries (RMC).
African Development Bank (AfDB) Group plans to deliver financial and technical support for transformative interventions that significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. Its objective is to spur sustainable economic development and social progress in its regional member countries (RMCs), thus reducing poverty.
Application Deadline: 20th August 2022 is the last day that the applications for this position will be accepted.
- University or Organization: African Development Bank Group
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postdoctoral
- Award: Salary
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Eligible Countries: All overseas and home country nationals are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The Chief Agricultural Economist position at the African Development Bank can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Have a minimum of seven (07) years of relevant experience, with particular expertise in designing and supporting projects implementation in international financial Institutions.
- Experience in supporting private sector operations would be an added advantage.
- Proven ability to implement country or sector-level agriculture analytical and capacity-building initiatives.
- A good understanding of cross-cutting issues beyond agriculture and social development (e.g., procurement, governance, donors’ practices) at the sector/country level.
- Good knowledge of strategy to deliver transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty.
- Good knowledge of key aid effectiveness issues, especially harmonization of donors’ practices and alignment to borrowers’ systems.
- Demonstrated intellectual leadership and ability to integrate sector-specific knowledge with broader operational strategy and research objectives.
- Good networking skills and judgment are required to manage professional relationships with external partners in Africa.
- Client Orientation to understand and, when appropriate, anticipate client needs, to ensure the clients receive the best possible service from the Bank.
- Ability to apply innovative approaches and change working methods while remaining effective in changing working conditions.
- Competence in using standard Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint); SAP knowledge is desirable.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Interested candidates can apply for the position through their preferred application pathway. All applications received will be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The candidates may be required to submit a resume and other documents as proof of relevant experience and education.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must hold a minimum of a Master’s degree in Development, Agricultural Engineering (or related discipline), specializing in Agricultural Economics or Agro-economics.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must have the ability to communicate and write effectively in French or English, with a good working knowledge of the other language.
The selected candidates will be appointed to the position of Chief Agricultural Economist at the African Development Bank Group and receive compensation accordingly.