If you are a graduate aiming to write your doctoral thesis abroad, you must apply for the DAAD-Scholarships for Doctoral Candidates offered at the Bamberg Graduate School of Social Sciences for the academic year 2022-2023.
The scholarships will be awarded to master students who are expected to hold a qualification in Sociology, Psychology, Educational Science, Political Science, Labour, Educational Economics, Demography, and Statistics. Selected candidates will be provided a stipend of 1,200 EUROS, insurance, and other allowances.
A fine chance for international students in Germany.
User Review( vote)
The Bamberg Graduate School of Social Sciences (BAGSS) at the University of Bamberg is a multidisciplinary Graduate School funded by the German Science Foundation (DFG) as part of the German Excellence Initiative. It is a mid-size University with an academic profile rooted in the humanities, social and economic sciences, human sciences, and application-oriented computer sciences.
Why choose to study at the Bamberg Graduate School of Social Sciences (BAGSS)? BAGGS seeks to stimulate and guide cutting-edge doctoral research on some of the most crucial challenges modern knowledge-based societies face. The university has a highly regarded international reputation for its quality education.
Application Deadline: Thursday, 15th September 2022, is the last day to apply.
- University or Organization: Bamberg Graduate School of Social Sciences (BAGSS)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: 1,200 EURO
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Germany.
- Eligible Countries: All international students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for a PhD study to write their master thesis at the Bamberg Graduate School of Social Sciences.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Highly qualified graduates from the fields of Sociology, Psychology, Educational Science, Political Science, Labour and Educational Economics, Demography, and Statistics.
- Successful applicants will be required to take up their residence in Bamberg, a city noted for its high quality of life and great conditions for research and study
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Admission applications can be made on the university’s web portal. DAAD Scholarship application details can be obtained on the DAAD’s official website.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Cover letter
- Abstract research proposal
- Research proposal
- Work schedules
- Academic Transcripts and certificates
- Self-written statement f applicants knowledge of German
- Statement of research proposal
- Two letters of recommendation
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must hold a master’s degree (or equivalent) in the fields of Sociology, Psychology, Educational Science, Political Science, Labour, Educational Economics, Demography, and Statistics or be very close to completion.
- Language Requirement: The students must have proficiency in German.
The students selected for these doctoral scholarships will be awarded a monthly stipend of 1,200 EUR, plus insurance and other allowances.