In cooperation with the China Scholarship Council, the Freie Universität of Berlin has set up China Scholarship Council Program for Doctoral Researchers in Germany for the academic year 2024-2025.
Students that are identified as Chinese nationals or citizens have an exclusive application opportunity to conduct a funded doctoral study in Germany. Doctoral candidates who have completed their Master’s degree in Germany or elsewhere abroad are available to apply as well. The scholarship will extend the coverage of education costs.
Great offer for international students.
User Review( votes)
The Freie Universität of Berlin is a public research university in Berlin, Germany. Ranking 111th in Best Global Universities, its goal is to broadly integrate sustainability issues into the university curriculum and to implement the concept of Education for Sustainable Development.
Why choose to study at the Freie Universität of Berlin? The Freie Universität of Berlin has been one of the German universities of excellence since 2007 and is leading in research and teaching. The university is recognized as an excellent university in both rounds of the previous competition, the German Excellence Initiative, in 2006/2007 and 2012.
Application Deadline: Mid-January 2024
- University or Organization: Freie Universität of Berlin
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Chinese Students
- The award can be taken in Germany.
- Eligible Countries: China.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Doctoral degree study can be undertaken at the Freie Universität of Berlin.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must apply before the deadline.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Doctoral candidates need to submit an online application form for admission. Scholarship application details can be obtained on the Liaison Office Beijing portal.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Certificate of enrolment
- Unofficial transcripts print out
- A copy of the undergraduate certificate
- Acceptance to the doctoral program
- Letter of motivation
- Letter of recommendation
- Admission Requirements: Students must check the formal PhD requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- ILETS – 4.5 to 5.0
- TOEFL PBT – 450 to 500
- TOEFL CBT – 130 to 170
- TOEFL IBT – 60 to 80
- UNICert – I to II
The selected candidates will be given scholarships to complete their doctoral studies at the Freie Universität of Berlin.