Positively sincere students who want the funding opportunity to be educated can apply for the CSC Scholarships at the University of Edinburgh in the UK. The grant is available for the academic session 2023-2024.
The program aims to attract talented Chinese students who will participate in a PhD degree program at the University of Edinburgh. Successful applicants will get an award to cover tuition fees and additional program costs, top-up of living costs.
Special offer for Chinese students in the UK.
User Review( votes)
The University of Edinburgh is Scotland’s most prominent and oldest university, offering courses in the arts, humanities, and computer science. The University of Edinburgh provides diverse undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs to global students. It furnishes research-based, high-quality teaching and learning experiences.
Why study at the University of Edinburgh? Here, students will have a range of ways to study, from on-campus taught programs to part-time online study. Students can learn in various methods in Edinburgh, from on-campus-oriented programs to part-time online education. They will also be able to realize their ambitions and become leaders in their chosen industries part-time online.
Application Deadline: 15th of February 2023.
- University or Organization: University of Edinburgh
- Department: College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine, College of Science & Engineering
- Course Level: PhD degree
- Award: Tuition fees, living allowance
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Candidates who are citizens and permanent residents of the People’s Republic of China are eligible to apply.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree in any subject offered by the university
- Physics and Astronomy
- Medicine and Veterinary Medicine.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- The scholarships will be granted to citizens and permanent residents of the People’s Republic of China who, at the time of application, have received an offer of a PhD place from the University of Edinburgh.
- Applicants should not be currently working outside China at the time of application. Successful applicants must agree to return to China upon completing their research degree at the University of Edinburgh.
- Applicants studying outside China are eligible to apply, but not those who have already commenced a PhD program before the 2023-2024 academic years.
- Applicants nominated by the University to be considered for a scholarship should satisfy the selection criteria set out by CSC by completing the CSC Application Form and the CSC Employer Reference Form, which can be found on the CSC website, ensuring that the correct Scholarship scheme has been selected – personal channel,as there are several different schemes.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: For grasping the opportunity, aspirants have to take admissionin the PhD degree program at the university. After that, applicants have to submit the CSC website online application form for the program.
- Supporting Documents: Students need to submit their academic transcripts, CV, and copy of passport at the University.
- Admission Requirements: The applicant must meet all the university’s entry requirements to qualify for this program.
- Language Requirement: University’s programs are in the English Language; if students haven’t met the English Level requirements, they will be required to take the English Proficiency Exam.
The University of Edinburgh will cover tuition fees and additional program costs, top-up of living costs. CSC will consider their application for a living allowance as prescribed from time to time by the Chinese Government (which includes Student Health cover), return airfare from China to the UK by the most economical route, and visa application fees.