To support students education in Australia, the University of Queensland is offering the CSIRO Data61 PhD scholarship programme for the academic year 2020/21.
The main purpose of this educational opportunity is to attract high achieving students from all over the world to undertake a PhD degree in Network and System Security Analytics at the university.
Great funding opportunity for international students in Australia.
User Review( votes)
Established in 1909, the University of Queensland is the fifth oldest public research university in Australia. It is ranked as one of the most reputable universities in the world. The university offers associate, bachelor, master, doctoral, and higher doctorate degrees.
Why study at the University of Queensland? While studying at this university, students will have access to a rigorous education in a supportive and creative environment. Here candidates can enjoy significant opportunities to grow their career through leadership training, organisational development workshops, and secondments.
Application Deadline: June 29, 2020
- University or Organization: University of Queensland
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Living stipend scholarship
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree in Network and System Security Analytics
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Master of Philosophy (or another research master‡s degree)
- Bachelor‡s degree from an approved university with at least honours class IIA or equivalent
- Coursework master‡s degree with an overall grade point average of 5.65 on the 7-point UQ scale
- Postgraduate degree (at least one year full-time or equivalent) with an overall grade point average of 5 on the 7-point UQ scale, together with research experience. We will consider these applications on a case-by-case basis
- Bachelor‡s degree plus at least 2 years of research experience, including research publications.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for this application, please email the following documents (in PDF) to Professor Ryan Ko (r.ko-at-uq.edu.au) with the subject heading: EOI for UQ-Data61 CRP Project Software Security Analytics.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must submit a cover letter, CV, academic transcript/s, and names of two referees who can comment on your ability to undertake in-depth research. Referee reports are carefully assessed with your application.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, candidates must check the entry requirements of the program.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, you should provide evidence of English language ability: IELTS, TOEFL, or other acceptable proof. Please see the English Language Requirements section for more details.
The University of Queensland will give a living stipend funding for three years (with a possible 6 months extension) for a PhD. After the EOI stage, the student will work with UQ and Data61 researchers towards the application of a UQ RTP and/or CSIRO‡s Data61 PhD scholarship/top-up, subject to eligibility criteria and an evaluation by an independent assessment committee.