CSIRO is offering Postdoctoral Fellowship in Farming Systems for those who are a recent PhD graduate in agronomy, crop/pasture science, soil science or similar. International students are eligible to apply.
Postdoctoral Fellowships at CSIRO provide opportunities to scientists and engineers, who have completed their doctorate and have less than three years relevant postdoctoral work experience.
User Review( votes)
Synthetic Biology Future Science Platform is positioning Australia to play a role in one of the fastest growing areas of modern science so that we can understand global developments and, where appropriate, contribute to advances in areas including manufacturing, industrial biotechnology, environmental remediation, biosecurity, agriculture, and healthcare research.
- Application Deadline: May 1, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in the field of Farming systems.
- Award: AU$80K to AU$91K plus up to 15.4% superannuation.
- Nationality: International students
- Number of Awards: Numbers not given
- The award can be taken in Adelaide (Waite Campus), South Australia
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: To be successful, you will need:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area such as farming systems, agronomy, crop/pasture science, soil science or related discipline.
- Capability in field-based experimentation in farming systems.
- Capacity to develop or apply simulation models to farming systems research.
- The ability to engage and communicate effectively with a range of researcher and industry stakeholders.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, plus the motivation and discipline to carry out autonomous research.
- A valid driver’s licence, and the willingness and ability to travel both interstate and locally, with occasional overnight stays.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have high level is written and oral communication skills with the ability to represent the research team effectively internally and externally, including at national and international conferences.
How to Apply: Please upload one document only containing both your CV/Resume and cover letter, ensuring you provide specific responses to the essential and desirable criteria as listed in the position description, to enable the selection panel to determine your suitability.