Scholarships make it easier to access education. Therefore, the Chinese University of Hong Kong is granting Hong Kong Jockey Club Scholarships in Hong Kong. The bursary is available for the academic year 2021-2022.
The grant will be provided to international undergraduate applicants who have been accepted in their applied programmes. The selection will take place on the admission application and award money towards the programme fee.
The Chinese Institution of Hong Kong is a public research university in Shatin, Hong Kong, founded in 1963 under a charter issued by Hong Kong’s Legislative Council.
Why choose to study at the Chinese University of Hong Kong? CUHK is one of the world’s best universities, aiming to provide students with specialised knowledge as well as life wisdom. It has a flexible credit unit structure, a one-of-a-kind college system, bilingual curricula, extensive Hong Kong experience, and global perspectives. Teachers at CUHK are top-tier educators with a global perspective who have been recruited from all around the world.
Application Deadline: September 15, 2021
- University or Organization: Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: 120,000 RMB
- Number of Awards: Up to 5
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Local and international students
- The award can be taken in Hong Kong
- Eligible Countries: Residents of HKSAR OR citizens of the People’s Republic of China
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate programmes taught at CUHK are eligible to apply for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Be permanent residents of HKSAR OR citizens of the People’s Republic of China
- Be full-time first-year or second-year students studying their first undergraduate degree in the academic year 2021/22
- Have a high standard of academic performance
- Be proficient in written and spoken Chinese (Cantonese or Putonghua) and English; and provide proofs for their special educational needs (for local SEN applicants only).
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The candidates must use the application portal of the taking admission at the university. Completed application form together with all requisite documents should be
- submitted to your Faculty Office
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Cover letter
- Personal statement
- Academic certificates
- Official transcripts
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must check the entry requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: The applicants are required to attain minimum scores in the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 80
- TOEFL PBT – 500
- IELTS – 6.0
The value of each award, subject to review and adjustments, is estimated at HK$113,000 for local students and HK$215,900 for Mainland students annually. The scholarship will cover tuition fee, academic expenses and living costs for the entire normal length of study towards an undergraduate degree programme.