Newcastle University is seeking cyber security professionals to apply for its Cyber Security Officer Positions. Candidates interested in filling the position can apply for the academic year 2022-2023.
This position is offered to all international and domestic students with an equivalent professional qualification as IT graduates. Students can apply for the Cyber Security Officer position to be considered. The selected candidates will be provided a salary of $38,000 per annum.
Worthy opportunity for applicants in the UK.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1963, Newcastle University is a UK public research university based in Newcastle upon Tyne, North East England. It has overseas campuses in Singapore and Malaysia. It is ranked 122nd in the QS World Ranking 2023 and 146th in the Times Higher Education World University Ranking 2022.
Why choose to study at Newcastle University? Newcastle University is a highly dedicated public university and aims to advance education, learning, and research. It aspires to be a people-focused university that harnesses academic excellence, innovation, and creativity to provide benefits to individuals, organizations, and society as a whole.
Application Deadline: The application process is ongoing.
- University or Organization: Newcastle University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postdoctoral
- Award: £38,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom.
- Eligible Countries: All international and British national students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for the Cyber Security Officer position at Newcastle University.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Possess and demonstrate an excellent professional knowledge of cyber security and IT infrastructure, including relevant legislation.
- Solve problems based upon experience and the ability to seek out new information.
- Can communicate effectively with a range of colleagues, students, and suppliers.
- Working and resolving problems in an enterprise environment
- Giving advice and training on cyber security issues, including server hardening
- Strong operating system experience, including Windows, Android, iOS, and Linux.
- Strong network security experience, e.g., network mapping, device discovery scanning, firewall rule assessments.
- Performing cyber security investigations
- The successful and appropriate use of encryption in an enterprise environment
- Must be willing to undertake any necessary security checks and clearances appropriate for this role
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can access the university portal for admission. Applications for the position must be submitted here.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Cover letter
- Transcript of your degree studies
- Certificates to confirm your degree or highest qualification
- Copy of your passport
- Curriculum Vitae
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must be IT graduates or have an equivalent professional qualification.
- Language Requirement: The students must meet the language requirements of the position they are applying for.
Newcastle University will appoint the selected candidate for the position of Cyber Security Officer with a satisfying salary of £38,000 per annum.