DAAD In-Country/In-Region award is intended to encourage students who wish to commence PhD and master’s degree programmes in South Africa. The grant is available for the academic year 2021/2022.
The programme is available for high-achieving applicants to pursue full-time masters and doctoral studies in Africa. The programme aims to promote the study of Sub-Saharan African Students.
Excellent opportunity to get higher education in South Africa
User Review( votes)
The DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service), as a publicly funded, self-governing organization of the institutions of higher education in Germany, promotes the international academic exchange as well as educational co-operation with developing countries through a variety of funding and programs.
Why would you like to join this program? By joining this program, students are encouraged, through independent research, to question accepted thoughts and pursue their interests. Candidates can get the best experience along with the skills to succeed in their future careers.
- University or Organization: DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD and Master
- Awards: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: Sub-Saharan African students
- The award can be taken in South Africa
- Eligible Countries: West and Central Africa, Eastern Africa, and Southern Africa.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD and Master Degree in development-related and SDG-oriented fields
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Graduates and postgraduates from Sub-Saharan Africa with a first academic degree if applying for a Master’s program.
- Graduates and postgraduates with a master’s degree if applying for a doctoral program who wants to pursue Master’s or PhD courses in their home country (so-called In-Country scholarships) or another Sub-Saharan African country (In-Region scholarships).
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants must apply for their studies at Hawassa University using the contacts and the method that is prescribed by the institution. Additionally, once you submit your application to Hawassa University, please send a short notification to DAAD that you have applied with the subject “Your Surname_First Name_Hawassa” to applications-at-daadafrica.org. DAAD In-Country / In-Region program at Hawassa University, Ethiopia
- Supporting Documents: To be applying, documents to be submitted DAAD application form duly filled, Hand signed curriculum vitae, 1 Recommendation letter, Letter of admission, Certified copies of university degree certificates including transcripts, Letter of motivation, copy of the identity card.
- Language Requirements: If English isn’t your first language, you must provide evidence that your English language ability meets the requirements.
The program will cover all the following study expenses:
- Monthly allowance
- Study and research allowance
- Printing allowance
- Tuition fees
- Travel allowance (Only applicable for In-Region scholarship holders)
- Health insurance (Only applicable for In-Region scholarship holders)
- Deadline for applications in East Africa: 15 December 2020 and
- Deadline for applications in West Africa: 10 February 2021