Postgraduate International Scholarship in the Field of the Performing Arts program is open for the academic year 2021/2022. This funding opportunity is funded by the DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service).
The study award is open for outstanding candidates from all around the world who want to obtain a master’s degree. The grants promote the exchange of experience and networking amongst colleagues.
The DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) fosters worldwide academic exchange and educational cooperation with developing nations through a variety of funds and programs as a publicly supported, self-governing association of German higher education institutions.
Why would you like to join this program? Students who enroll in this program are encouraged to question commonly held beliefs and explore their passions through independent research. Candidates can gain the most valuable experience as well as the abilities they will need to succeed in their future employment.
Application Deadline: October 2021
- University or Organization: DAAD
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Masters degree program
- Awards: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: Foreign applicants
- The award can be taken in Pakistan
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded for a postgraduate degree in the following assigned fields:
- Performing Arts (Drama, Theatre Directing/Theatre Dramaturgy, Musicals, Performance Studies, Dance, Choreography). Other DAAD scholarship programmes are available for applicants from the fields of Theatre and Dance Studies or for artists with a scientific project.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants who have gained a first university degree in the field of the Performing Arts at the latest by the time they commence their scholarship-supported study programme.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The application procedure occurs online through the DAAD portal. You are allowed to submit your application for master’s courses. You must write one letter of motivation for both university courses you choose, justifying your first and second priority choice.
- Supporting Documents: To be applying, documents to be submitted DAAD application form duly filled, Hand signed curriculum vitae, 1 Recommendation letter, Letter of admission, Certified copies of university degree certificates including transcripts, Letter of motivation, copy of the identity card.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants should have an undergraduate degree from a recognized university.
- Language Requirement: If English isn’t your first language, you must provide evidence that your English language ability meets the requirements.
DAAD will provide all the following study expenses:
- A monthly payment of 861 euros
- Travel allowance
- One-off study allowance
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of the family.