Applications are invited for DairyNZ Scholarships to undertake an agriculture or agricultural-related degree at Massey University, Lincoln University and the University of Waikato. Students of New Zealand can apply for these endowments.
DairyNZ’s aim is to examine the impact of the division between further and higher education on strategies to widen participation in undergraduate education.
User Review( votes)
DairyNZ’s job is to support on-farm change, create on-farm opportunities, build capability and mitigate risk to achieve the industry’s strategic objectives. This is being done through research, development, engagement and leadership.
- Application Deadline: December 7, 2018
- Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing undergraduate degree program at Massey University, Lincoln University and The University of Waikato.
- Study Subject: The grants assist students meeting the costs of university study at Lincoln, Massey and Waikato Universities. All have a wide range of undergraduate degrees in dairy-related areas.
- Award: Each year, bright young Kiwis have the opportunity to apply for their share of more than $300,000 worth of scholarships on offer from the dairy industry. Annual Tuition fees to the value of $6325 are funded for up to 4 years.
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: Students from New Zealand
- The award can be taken in New Zealand
- Eligible Countries: Students from New Zealand can apply for these endowments.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible to apply for this application
- Applicants need to have NCEA Level 3 or better and be either a New Zealand Citizen or New Zealand Permanent Resident. The grant is tenable up to four years and pays the full, formal annual tuition fees – up to a maximum of $6325 per year.
- Students need to be registered in a full-time course at either Lincoln University, Massey University or The University of Waikato by 31 March in the year of the award and satisfactorily complete course work in each year preceding re-application.
- The sponsorship will be awarded on the recommendation of a Dairy Industry Scholarships Selection Committee comprising representatives from the New Zealand dairy industry, Lincoln, Massey and Waikato Universities.
How to Apply: Applications for the 2018 DairyNZ programme open 1 September 2018 and close 7 December 2018.
As part of the application, you must upload the following scanned documents:
- a cover letter explaining your reasons for applying for this application
- one testimonial or reference from your school or university to support your application
- university results to date (applies to applicants attending university) or an NCEA summary (if you are a school leaver)
- evidence of your New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency.