The University of Zambia is accepting applications for international scholarship in research and training in Tropical Diseases. This is open for full-time postgraduate programs.
These are available for prospective students commencing masters, Msc and PhD program. The scheme, which is provided by TDR, the Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases.
Great platform for students to study at the University of Zambia.
User Review( votes)
TDR’s mission is to foster an effective global research effort on infectious diseases of poverty and promote the translation of innovation to health impact in disease-endemic countries.
Why at the University of Zambia- The University of Zambia is Zambia’s largest university, the motto of the University, Service, and excellence has guided the development of the University since its inception.
Applications are open to students who meet the following criteria:
- The scheme, which is provided by TDR, the Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases based at the World Health Organization in Geneva, Switzerland, provides full study.
- Only applicants from low- and middle-income countries within the WHO Afro Region are eligible to apply
Other requirements are:
- If working, must provide evidence of ability to obtain study leave
- Applicants should normally be below 35 years of age at the time of applying
- Applicants must be from low- and middle-income countries within the WHO Afro Region.
- The list of WHO Afro region countries – Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cabo Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros , Congo, Ivory Coast, Democratic Republic of Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Gabon, Gambia,Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique ,Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, South Sudan,Swaziland, Togo, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants have to submit the following documents along with the application form: Completed and signed application forms, accompanied by a motivation letter in Word Format, should be submitted to the Department of Public Health at this email address: tdrunza-at-gmail.com. Please put clearly in their email subject line ‘Application for TDR Scholarship’.
- Admission Requirements: To apply for the program applicants require a minimum of bachelor’s degree with a credit or above in a relevant field from any recognized university.
- Language Requirement: Applicant must have a good knowledge of English, both written and verbal.
This TDR International Postgraduate Training Programme covers:
- Annual Return airfare to home country
- Medical and accident insurance
- An allowance towards the costs of recommended learning materials (reference textbooks and laptop)
- Support for research project thesis/dissertation expenses and supervision, including travel and sustenance during data collection monthly stipend to cover living expenses.
Application Deadline: Closed