Highly motivated aspirants from the UK are invited to apply for the Daiwa Scholarships at King’s College London for the academic year 2020-2021.
The program is open for talented UK citizens with strong leadership potential, the opportunity to acquire Japanese language skills, and to access expertise and knowledge relevant to their career goals.
Nice opportunity for UK students
User Review( votes)
The Daiwa Anglo-Japanese Foundation provides local assistance to Daiwa Scholars and administers grant applications from Japan. It is a UK charity with a generous benefaction from Daiwa Securities Co Ltd. It organized a year-round program of events to increase understanding of Japan in the UK.
Why should apply to this program? Through this opportunity, candidates can develop a broad range of skills and grow in confidence or practical advice and support. It helps students to work on their skills and experience.
Application Deadline: December 5, 2019
- University or Organization: The Daiwa Anglo-Japanese Foundation
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Graduate degree
- Award: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Nationality: UK students
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Candidates from the UK
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Graduate degree in all subjects offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: The applicant UK citizens aged between 21 and 35 years of age by the time of departure. Candidates should be graduates or due to graduate by the time of departure equipped with a strong degree in any subject* or with a strong record of achievement in their field in possession of clear career objectives and a commitment to furthering UK-Japan links. Preference will normally be given to candidates no older than 30.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Interested aspirants need to be registered as a graduate degree student at any recognized UK University. After taking acceptance, applicants can apply for the grant.
- Supporting Documents: Applicant must have to attach a CV, personal statement, and three confidential references (please make sure that each reference letter is given to you sealed in an envelope and ask the referee to sign across the seal of the envelope).
- Admission Requirements: For admitted, seekers are required to attach the undergraduate degree and all the academic qualification certificates with good grades.
- Language Requirements: All aspirants are needed to provide evidence of their English language skills.
The grant will provide the tuition and examination fees, a maintenance grant for the duration of the Scholarship which is to cover accommodation and living costs for a single person, the cost of economy-class travel to and from Japan at the beginning and end of the Scholarship, accommodated in a hotel in central Tokyo, standard medical insurance for Daiwa Scholars.