The University of Surrey is excitedly looking forward to applications from mathematics geniuses for the PhD Positions in Mathematics in Life and Social Sciences. The position is accepting applications for the academic year 2022-2023.
All international and domestic students that are interested that want to study mathematics in depth further can apply for this PhD position. Students must hold a relevant academic qualification in mathematics, physical sciences, or engineering.
This scholarship will provide the tuition fee to pursue a PhD degree at the University of Surrey.
User Review( votes)
The University of Surrey is a renowned leading university, ranking 378th globally and 33rd in the UK by the Academic Ranking of World Universities 2020. It aims to provide excellent education and advance and disseminate knowledge.
Why choose to study at the University of Surrey? The University of Surrey has excellent teaching and academic support to aid students in academics as well as outside the premises of the university. It has been awarded Gold in the Teaching Excellence Framework. Students are also given affordable accommodation.
Application Deadline: 1st July 2022 is the last date to apply for this PhD position at Surrey.
- University or Organization: University of Surrey
- Department: Department of Mathematics
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom.
- Eligible Countries: UK national students and all other foreign national students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for a PhD research study in potential areas such as Data assimilation in health applications, Mathematical pharmacology, Dynamics in ecology, crime, and sleep, Experimental design or Developmental biology, tissue morphogenesis, and cancer modeling at the Department of Mathematics at Surrey.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must preferably have an MMath, MPhys, or MSc degree, though exceptional BSc students will be considered.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants must log in to the university portal to apply. Applications for the position can be submitted via this
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Copies of academic transcripts
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have a minimum of a first-class honors degree in mathematics, physical sciences, or engineering.
- Language Requirement: The students must meet the English language requirements of the university, IELTS is accepted.
The successfully selected PhD candidates at the University of Surrey will be provided the PhD position and receive comprehensive training.