Davidson Next is offering free online course on AP Calculus BC. This course combined with a traditional Calculus AB course will prepare students to take the Calculus BC exam.
In this eleven-week course, applicants will learn AP Calculus BC topics from highly respected AP Calculus instructors to prepare for the AP® Calculus BC exam.
User Review( votes)
Course At A Glance
Length: 11 weeks
Effort: 2-4 hours pw
Institution: Davidson Next and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $49
Davidson Next is the product of a partnership among Davidson College, the College Board, edX, 2Revolutions, and Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools. In 2013, these institutions came together with the shared mission to create high-quality AP®-aligned materials that would be free to high school students and teachers around the world.
About This Course
In this calculus course, you will learn all the Calculus BC topics that are not part of the AP® Calculus AB curriculum by engaging with video instruction, exam-style questions and interactive activities.
Each topic is broken up into bite-sized pieces—with short instructional videos, interactive graphs, and practice problems written by many of the same people who write and grade your AP® Calculus exams.
- L’Hospital’s Rule
- Parametric Equations
- Introduction to Series
- Series Convergence
- Series Manipulation
- Euler’s Method
- Improper Integrals
- Integration Techniques: Partial Fractions
- Integration Techniques: Integration by Parts
- The Calculus of Polar Functions
Why Take This Course?
This course is specifically designed for students who have already taken (or are currently enrolled in) Calculus AB. This course combined with a traditional Calculus AB course will prepare students to take the Calculus BC exam.
- Mastery of concepts from the AP® Calculus BC curriculum
- Build confidence in the material as you learn concepts from experienced AP® Calculus teachers
- Build graphical intuition through interactive graphing
- Practice for your exam with graded exam-style questions (with explanations)
Jane Wortman taught Mathematics in the Beverly Hills Unified School District in Beverly Hills, California from 1976 – 2014.
Stephen Davis has taught mathematics and computer science at Davidson College since 1981, including 5 years of service as department chair (1998–2003).
Ben Klein taught mathematics at Davidson College from 1971 until 2008, when he retired, as Dolan Professor of Mathematics, from full-time service.
Foundational/prerequisite knowledge in Calculus AB and/or BC before attempting these units.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)