Applicants are invited to apply for Medienbotschafter India Germany Journalism Fellowship programme. The programme is an exchange programme Indian applicants will participate in a one-month academic course at Center for Media Competence at the University of Tübinge and German fellows going to India will take part in an academic course and experience work and study placements in well-known print, broadcasting, television or online editorial departments.
The fellowship program “Media Ambassadors India – Germany” aims to attract journalists with an interest in international understanding between India and Germany.
User Review( votes)
The University of Tübingen, officially the Eberhard Karls University of Tübingen is a public research university located in the city of Tübingen, Baden-Württemberg. It is one of Germany’s most famous and oldest universities.
Course Level: These fellowships are available for journalists.
Study Subject: These fellowships are awarded in the field of journalism.
Award: These fellowships will cover the following:
- Travel costs
- A monthly stipend of € 1.500
- Professional journalistic skill enhancement courses
- A chance to work in a German or an Indian newsroom
- An extensive cultural program
- a field trip in Germany or India, respectively
The award can be taken in: Germany and India
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for these fellowships:
- Several years of professional experience as a journalist (TV, radio, print, online)
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written English. German language skills would be an advantage
Nationality: German and Indian applicants can apply for these fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be journalists.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must be fluent in English.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via online mode.
- A CV with a current photo
- A letter of motivation (one A4 page)
- One detailed investigation plan (topic, interview partners, schedule etc.) for one of the journalistic projects you would like to realize during your stay (one A4 page). You also need to suggest two further plans that you would like to work on while you are here. Please refer to the FAQ for further explanation.
- Three work samples (Text! If you are a radio or TV journalist, please submit short descriptions or reviews of your production
Application Deadline: The application deadline is November 15, 2017, for Indian applicants and March 31, 2018, for German applicants.