The Fondation Maison des sciences de l’homme (FMSH) and the Institut Français de Recherche en Afrique (IFRA) of Nairobi are offering the Postdoctoral Fellowships to enable researchers to conduct research studies in France.
Applications for the academic year 2022-2023 are now accepted. International students from selective African countries are eligible candidates for this fellowship and will receive an award worth 1,600€ upon being selected.
User Review( votes)
The Foundation Maison des Sciences de l’Homme, established in 1963, is an international crossroad for Humanities and Social Sciences. It supports research and the dissemination of knowledge in the humanities and social sciences. It has served for more than 50 years now and still preserves quality research and education.
Why should you choose to study at Fondation Maison des sciences de l’homme? FMSH is a recognized public utility that encourages innovative research, creates favorable conditions for interdisciplinary dialogue, and promotes the circulation of researchers and knowledge. It has a vast network of national and international partners to promote, worldwide, the study of human societies and the human and social sciences.
Application Deadline: 10th December 2021
- University or Organization: Fondation Maison des sciences de l’homme
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Fellowship
- Award: 1,600€
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in France
- Eligible Countries: Students from Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Burundi, Rwanda, and Eastern Congo are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Applicants can apply for a postgraduate programme in any research university situated in an eligible country.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be affiliated with an institution of higher education and research or a public or private research institute based in one of the eligible countries.
- The applicants must have obtained their PhD doctorate and presented their thesis from 2016.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can log in on the university portal and complete their admission applications. To apply for the fellowship, the applicants must choose ‘Researcher Workspace’ and select “Programme Atlas incoming 2022” and then the specific call « FMSH-IFRA: Afrique de l’Est > France».
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- A Curriculum vitae (2 pages maximum)
- A list of publications
- A copy of the PhD diploma
- A letter from the director of the research institution in the country of origin
- A letter of invitation from the director of the host research institution in France
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must hold the necessary qualifications and successfully apply through the online portal before the deadline.
- Language Requirement: The students are required to be proficient in either English or French.
The selected PhD candidates will be given a monthly stipend of 1,600€ for three months to cover expenditures such as transport and accommodation costs in France.