Deakin University is offering free online course on Leadership. This course will assist busy professionals who already have management responsibilities and experience but need to expand their knowledge and capabilities in leading organisations.
In this course, applicants will learn what being a leader means and how you can practice leadership. The course will start on July 10, 2017.
User Review( votes)
Course At Glance
Length: 2 weeks
Effort: 3 hours/week
Institution: Deakin University and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on July 10, 2017
Deakin University offers a brilliant education where students are and where they want to go – in their lives and in their careers. Deakin University is Australia‡s eighth largest university with more than 53,000 students from more than 100 countries studying online and on-campus. With world-class teaching and research, Deakin produces sought-after graduates poised to make a real difference in the world.
About This Course
In this course over the next two weeks, we look to answer the question: ‘What is leadership?‡ In the first week we explore two fundamental perspectives on leadership: leader as a person and leadership as a practice. In Week 2 we examine the difference between leadership and management so you can determine whether you are a leader in a management role, a leader without a management role, or a manager who needs to become a leader. By exploring sources of power and influence, and how perception shapes behaviour, you will be able to address important issues more effectively.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
- Explain what leadership means
- Investigate leader role models and what they represent
- Explore how you and others around you use personal power
- Investigate the effect that individual differences have on leadership
- Identify how leadership thinking has changed over the years
This course will assist busy professionals who already have management responsibilities and experience but need to expand their knowledge and capabilities in leading organisations.
Dr Andrea North-Samardzic is a Lecturer in the Department of Management at Deakin Business School. She teaches in the MBA and other postgraduate programs and researches contemporary leadership issues
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).