The Dean of Law’s Merit Scholarship is the most prestigious law scholarship available to international students at the University of Tasmania.
The University of Tasmania (UTAS) is a public research university primarily located in Tasmania, Australia. Officially founded in 1890, it was the fourth university to be established in Australia, although Christ College, which became affiliated with the university in 1929, was established in 1846 and remains the oldest form of higher education in the country.
User Review( votes)
The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
- Application Deadline: 13 October 2019
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing Bachelor’s programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Law.
- Scholarship Award: Course Fees (which includes Student Services & Amenities Fees).
- Number of Scholarships: There are 12 scholarships available for the Winter Semester (June) 2018, and for Semester 1, 2019 consisting of Four (4) scholarships covering 100% registered tuition fees, and eight (8) scholarships covering 50% registered tuition fees.
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: International students from India, Malaysia, Singapore and Sri Lanka are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: Available to international students from India, Malaysia, Singapore and Sri Lanka who meet the following eligibility criteria:
Are citizens of one of the above-listed countries;
Applicants of Malaysian, Singaporean or Sri Lankan citizenship must have received an offer of a full-time place in one of the following degrees: Bachelor of Laws (Standard Entry) (63P2) or Bachelor of Laws(Direct Entry) (63P1) or Combined Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws (63J1)
Applicants for Indian citizenship must have received an offer of a full-time place:
A combined Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws (63J1).
Have not previously undertaken any tertiary studies (excluding extension studies completed as part of a year 12 program or its equivalent); and
Are not applying for advanced standing/credit.
- English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
How to Apply:
To apply applicants need to fill in the application form.