Umeå University is pleased to offer Design by Umeå Scholarships to academically talented and high-achieving international students.
The scholarships are available to talented and high-achieving students outside the EU/EEA. Selected candidates get a full or partial waiver of the tuition fee.
Design by Umeå Scholarships for International Students in Sweden
Best opportunity to study in Sweden.
User Review( votes)
Umeå University is known for its high quality of education and research in Sweden. Formally recognized in 1965, it is Sweden’s fifth oldest university and a comprehensive university covering research and education in medicine, science and technology, social sciences, arts and humanities, and educational sciences.
Why study at Umeå University? Umeå strives to provide students and staff with unique opportunities for learning and development. It offers approximately 40-degree programs and over 450 courses taught in English at four faculties.
Application Deadline: 16 January 2023.
- University or Organization: Umeå University
- Department: Design
- Course Level: Master’s level program
- Award: A full or partial waiver of the tuition fee
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Sweden
- Eligible Countries: Non- EU/EEA and Switzerland
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The funding will be given for master’s level program studies in design at Umeå University in Sweden.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants are a citizen of a country outside of the EU/EEA and Switzerland.
- Applicants have completed their application for program studies in design at the master’s level and have paid the application fee by 1 February latest.
- Applicants have the Umeå University program as priority 1 on the University Admissions website.
- Only applicants with a Umeå University program as priority 1 or second-year master students at Umeå University (i.e. students who are currently in their first master’s year) are eligible to apply for a scholarship.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for the Design by Umeå Scholarships, applicants must apply for a master’s degree program in design at Umeå University in Sweden.
- Supporting Documents: In order to complete an admissions application, there are several things they need from applicants:
- Documentation of their previous studies: Certificates and diplomas/degrees,
- Proof of English skills,
- Proof of English language proficiency,
- Payment of the application fee (if required)
- A copy of the page in your passport with your personal data and photograph
- Documentation of their citizenship status in an EU/EEA country (if you’re a citizen)
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must follow step-by-step instructions on how to complete and submit an application for master’s studies in Sweden.
- Language Requirement: To be eligible for university studies in Sweden, applicants must show that they meet the English requirements for the course or program.
Umeå University is offering a full or partial waiver of the tuition fee. The grants are part of a group effort with Umeå municipality in combination with the autumn semester admissions. A donation funds the scholarships from Umeå kommun (Umeå municipality).