With the goal of fostering student’s education in Hong Kong, City University of Hong Kong is offering an excellent opportunity through its Diversity Grant program.
This funding program is open for outstanding international students who want to undertake an undergraduate degree at the university.
Great offer for international students.
User Review( votes)
The City University of Hong Kong is a public research university that is placed 48th in the QS Global World Rankings 2021 and is considered one of Hong Kong’s greatest public universities. Its goal is to foster and develop students’ natural abilities.
Why would you like to study at the City University of Hong Kong? The City University of Hong Kong is a worldwide renowned university that develops and disseminates information necessary for social and economic progress. It is a prominent institution that is always on the cutting edge of research and education. The ultimate purpose of CityU is to provide every student with the opportunity to make an original discovery during their time there.
Application Deadline: 15th November 2022
- University or Organization: City University of Hong Kong
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate degree
- Awards: Up to HK$120,000 (~US$15,400)
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International Students
- The award can be taken in Hong Kong
- Eligible Countries: All non-local students from underrepresented nationalities except Top Scholarship recipients
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Any undergraduate programme offered by the university
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be enrolled in an undergraduate programme at CityU.
- Students must have high school certificates with a good academic record.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The candidates are required to make use of the university application portal to apply. Financial aid positions will be allotted on the basis of merit to students that meet the criteria automatically. No separate application for a scholarship is needed.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Copy of passport
- High school transcripts
- Graduation certificate
- Permanent identity card
- Admission Requirements: The applicants need to have attained a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.4 or above in their previous certifications to be admitted at CityU Hong Kong.
- Language Requirement: The applicants are required to attain minimum scores in the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
- TOEFL IBT – 79
- TOEFL PBT – 550
The City University of Hong Kong will give the award amount to the selected international students in the following manner. Awardees will be required to engage in a volunteer activity to enhance internationalization of CityU annually. The grant will be paid in installments and automatically renewed each year.
|Admissions Status||Duration of Studies||Amount per Annum||TOTAL Amount|
|1st Year Entry||4 years||HK$30,000(~US$3,846)||HK$120,000 (~US$15,400)|
|Advance Standing I||3 years||HK$90,000 (~US$11,538)|