The University of St. Andrews is pleased to offer the Doctoral Scholarships in Biology and Statistics to support an exceptional student undertaking doctoral research in the UK. This scholarship application is open for the academic year 2022-2023.
This scholarship, funded by St Leonard’s Postgraduate College, is open to students from all regions, from inside or outside the country. Selected candidates will be rewarded the tuition fee of the undertaken PG programme and a stipend of £15,609 for up to 3.5 years. Applicants must have the relevant qualifications to be considered.
Nice chance for applicants to get financial assistance in the UK.
User Review( votes)
The University of St Andrews is a public university in St Andrews ranked #96 in QS Global World Rankings 2021 and is one of the top public universities. It has a long-term vision is to be a center of professional excellence and innovation in the creation and delivery of educational programmes.
Why study at the University of St Andrews? The University of St Andrews holds a reputation for world-class teaching. The academic study is both rigorous and rewarding at St. Andrews. It aims to offer a unique experience for international students where they will have the opportunity to embrace new perspectives and challenge their ideas while exploring a wide range of subjects.
Application Deadline: Scholarship applications will close on 7th February 2022.
- University or Organization: University of St Andrews
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate
- Award: Full-Tuition
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK.
- Eligible Countries: All UK national applicants and overseas students are both eligible.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can take up a Postgraduate Research (Doctoral) programme in Biology or Mathematics and Statistics at the University of St. Andrews.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants should clearly explain how they meet or exceed these criteria in their statements.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must apply via the university portal. Then, to apply for the scholarship, students must log in to their account and do the following:
- Enter the catalog by following the link in the email, choosing Scholarships and funding(under ‘Useful links’), and then clicking View the scholarships and funding catalogue.
- Select 2022/23 as the Academic Year and click Refresh List.
- Locate World-Leading St Andrews Doctoral Scholarships in the list of scholarships (using the filter box if necessary), click Apply, and complete the application form.
- You can also use the catalogue to search and apply for other scholarships for which you are eligible.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- CV or résumé
- A personal statement
- Two original signed academic references.
- Academic transcripts and degree certificates
- Personal Statement
- Admission Requirements: Admission to a taught programme is usually based on an excellent first degree with Honours from a UK university (or its overseas equivalent).
- Language Requirement: The students must submit English language proficiency proof as the university requires.
The selected candidates will be presented the award that covers full tuition fees for the award term as well as annual maintenance payable at the standard UK Research Council rate (the 2021-22 annual rate is £15,609) for up to 3.5 years.