The Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences is inviting applicants for the Doctoral Positions in Research Training Group, funded by the German Research Foundation, for the academic year 2022/2023.
SELF will focus on investigating the interactions between individuals and their social environment, providing a platform for early-career researchers from various social science disciplines to study the self’s embeddedness in diverse social systems, ranging in complexity and dynamically changing over time.
Grab the opportunity and get financial assistance in Germany.
User Review( votes)
The Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences (BIGSSS) is a graduate school run jointly by the University of Bremen and Jacobs University Bremen. It is funded as part of the Excellence Initiative of the federal and state governments to promote science and research. The BIGSSS works closely with numerous renowned research institutions in the regional, national and international environment and is part of a worldwide network of programs for graduate education.
Why study at the Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences (BIGSSS)? BIGSSS integrates excellent graduate education and research areas at the University of Bremen and Jacobs University into a synergetic inter-university institution designed to be an internationally competitive model of graduate education. BIGSSS is based on the collaboration among several outstanding research institutes at the two universities and can draw on a fantastic social science landscape both at the University of Bremen and Jacobs University.
Application Deadline: Applications must be submitted online until September 1st, 2022.
- University or Organization: The Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Doctoral
- Award: Salary
- Number of Awards: 7
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Germany
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Doctoral research degree in particularly psychology, sociology, and political science.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Potential candidates with a degree in related disciplines are also welcome. All accepted researchers are required to relocate to Bremen for the duration of the program.
- Applicants must demonstrate a broad thematic fit between the dissertation proposal and the outlined project lines. Up to three possibly fitting project lines can be specified in the application.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants should submit their online application at Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences.
- Supporting Documents: Please submit all required application materials in your online application.
- Personal Information form (to be completed in the online admissions system)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Preliminary Dissertation Proposal
- One-page Proposal Abstract
- Statement of Purpose
- Statement of Skills and Experience with Methods of Empirical Social Research
- MA/BA/Diploma/Magister Certificates
- University Grade Transcripts
- Two Recent Letters of Recommendation
- Admission Requirements: Students must have a master’s degree (or equivalent) in psychology, sociology, or political science.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have to submit the certification of English Proficiency ( TOEFL, IELTS, CAE/CPE (Cambridge Exams)) (scan – PDF).
The successful applicants will receive a work contract for 36 months, based on the salary scale E13 TV-L/TVöD (65%), at Jacobs University or the University of Bremen.